Ten years ago, Google introduced a bright yellow “Google in a box” for Enterprises, giving them one simple way to search all content within their organization. Google today upgraded GSA to v7 and added new capabilities for Google Search Appliance customers, to deliver a universal, powerfully relevant, yet simple and familiar search experience.
For those who may not be familiar with this tool, GSA helps you find information stored anywhere in your organization, whether you’re using a desktop, smartphone or tablet. Administrators can easily add content sources from secure storage, cloud services or the public web and social networking sites. GSA 7.0 also provides search for SharePoint 2010.
Google Search Appliance v7.0 adds some new features:
- New interface: A more beautiful search experience rolling out with the GSA 7 series.
- Document preview: View thumbnails and flip through full-screen document previews right alongside search results.
- Google Translate: Secure and automatic translations display in search results, in more than 60 languages.
- Improved scale: A single rack of GSAs could now fit the equivalent of the entire 1 billion pages Google.com index in 2000.
- Updated language capabilities: This includes parsing the complex morphology of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean to improve results. Expert search – tap into your organization’s knowledge graph, and instantly collaborate with colleagues who have answers.
You can visit the Google Search Appliance website for more details.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android