Recently at the Pubcon conference, the head of the Google’s web spam team – Matt Cutts launched the widely anticipated ‘Disavow Link’ feature. The feature comes as a great rescue for the webmasters looking to disavow links to their websites.
The feature has been already tested by some of the webmasters and found to be useful but the Google team urges not to use the tool if you are not sure about what the tool does and whether you actually need to use it.
Here’s a warning from the Google: This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. We recommend that you disavow backlinks only if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you. In most cases, Google can assess which links to trust without additional guidance, so most normal or typical sites will not need to use this tool.
How to use the new Google Disavow link feature?
Visit the Google Webmaster Tools page and select your website. If your website is not verified you will need to verify it before proceeding further. Once verified, you will be prompted to upload a plain text file containing the links you would like to disavow.
After the file is submitted, Google will review the submissions and look at the links disavowed by you as a strong suggestion. It may ignore your request if it feels there’s a reason not to trust them or may take several weeks to approve your request.
For more information you can visit official Google webmasters blog. To disavow links visit Webmasters tool page.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android