While most of the Android-powered smartphones have settings that you can use to activate call forwarding and waiting, that’s not the case with JIO Phone 1 and Jio Phone 2. You will have to use special number-based codes aka Jio call waiting activate code to get that done. In this guide, we will show how you can activate call forwarding and waiting in Jio Phone 1 Jio Phone 2 and Jio Phone 3 as well.
How to Activate call forwarding & waiting in Jio Phone
While JIO phone does offer the option to activate call forwarding from the handset by going to Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call forwarding, the navigation is difficult.
- Steps to Activate call forwarding
- Steps to Deactivate call forwarding
- Steps to Activate Call Waiting
Make sure to enter the Jio call waiting activation code correctly.
1] Steps to Activate call forwarding in Jio Phone
So the best option on Jio Phone is to use the star codes and provide the 10 digit number where you can forward the calls.
- Call forwarding Unconditional – *401*<10 digit number>
- Call forwarding – no answer- *403*<10 digit number>
- Call forwarding – busy – *405*<10 digit number>
- Call Conditional call forwarding – not reachable-*409*<10 digit number>
2] Steps to Deactivate call forwarding in Jio Phone
- Call forwarding Unconditional – *402
- Call forwarding – no answer- *404
- Call forwarding – busy – *406
- Call Conditional call forwarding – not reachable-*410
- All forwarding – *413
3] Steps to Activate Call Waiting in Jio Phone
Call waiting is enabled on all JIo Phones so you don’t have to activate it separately. However, you can still go to Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call Waiting, and see if it’s inactive.
If it is disabled, then the jio call waiting code is 411. Press *411 in the dial pad, and then make a call to activate call waiting.
However, do remember that it needs to be supported by the cellular network providers. If you are not able to activate it for some reason, you need to call your operator. The call waiting and forwarding are the most used settings, as they offer to avoid the instances that you miss the calls.
Let us know if you are using call forwarding and waiting in Jio Phones. Does it work well?