OLA lately has evolved as one of the fastest growing and largest Cab services in India. The company also launched its own multi-purpose digital payment wallet dubbed as OLA Money which obviously can also be used for booking OLA Cabs. That said, we’ve been getting a lot of queries concerning delete or deactivate OLA account? So, in this article, we’ll be telling you some easy steps to get it done.
How to delete or deactivate OLA account?
Although it may sound strange, many users are willing to delete or deactivate Ola account. There are multiple reasons. Some have stopped using OLA cabs while some want to get rid of OLA Money. It’s not surprising because we have too many similar services, and we only use one or two.
Well, whatever the reason here is a bit of annoyance. There’s no direct method or option to delete or deactivate OLA account. Yes, OLA has been criticized by many for not giving users an option to remove their accounts from the platform. Many users have been condemning the company on Twitter for not giving them rights to delete their account. But dont worry, there still a way, keep reading.
We went on further and contacted their customer service team. To our sweet surprise, we got the reply as below:
We would like to inform you that an account cannot be deleted or deactivated. It can only be blocked and once blocked you will not be able to use the same credentials on OLA again.
Steps to delete or deactivate OLA account:
As mentioned, the only way to delete your OLA account is to get it blocked. To do the same:
- Open your e-mail account (the same registered in your profile on OLA Cabs).
- Compose a mail with the address of the receiver as email@example.com.
- On the subject field, write “Request to block my OLA account.”
- After that, write a message accordingly. You can use the below format as a sample for the same:
Dear OLA Team,
I have an account in your database with the name of <your name>, and my email id is <your registered e-mail ID>. Unfortunately, I am not willing to use this account anymore (write your reason). So, I am requesting you to kindly delete my account from your database including all my credentials if any.
Once done, wait for the reply and assistance from the company which generally doesn’t take too long in my experience. They’ll assist you further.
So this was a simple and the only feasible solution to delete or deactivate the OLA account. As seen, creating an account on OLA is much easier than getting rid of it. Though there weren’t any option to delete it, we’ve tried our best to curate a genuinely possible workaround for you. Let us know whether the method worked for you. Also, don’t forget to share your reason behind deleting the account on OLA.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android