Xiaomi smartphones are very popular across the globe. Because of the pricing and the well-optimized user interface, it could easily attract millions of fans from all over the world. Xiaomi’s development team is very active in improving their Android-based custom skin named MIUI. The company keeps on updating the custom skin with new features and design. Now the company has released the latest version of the custom theme named as MIUI 10. You can now Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Devices.
Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Devices
The MIUI 10 is not yet available for all Xiaomi devices, because the update is still in beta stage. So it will not be automatically installed on all devices. Xiaomi is offering the ability to install the MIUI 10 update in your Xiaomi smartphones manually. With this method, you can install the update in almost all supported Xiaomi smartphones. The update is available as four different variants – public beta, global beta, closed beta, and Chinese beta. Except for public beta, all other ROMs require bootloader unlocking. You do not have to root your phone or install any custom recovery.
We suggest you install the Public Beta if you are already on MIUI 9.5, and if you are on an earlier version, install the Global Beta by unlocking the bootloader. It’s very simple. So follow the guide below to install it.
Requirements to install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi devices
Before jumping to the installation procedure, you need to make sure that you are ready to upgrade to the newest software version. You need to prepare your Xiaomi smartphone to get the latest update. Check out the following requirements and make sure they are ready.
- Make sure your device has at least 50% charge remaining. Otherwise, your phone might go down during the installation, and that will break everything.
- Download the most recent public beta build of MIUI 10 for your device in your internal storage. The update file will be a .zip file, and it will weigh around 1.2GB in total.
- Make sure you have at least 2GB of free storage space available in your device. The update process includes several extractions and unzipping.
Once you are ready with all the requirements mentioned above, you can proceed to the manual installation process. Follow the steps carefully.
Warning: This whole process involves simple process only. However, it might still feel complicated for some users. We are not responsible for any physical or software based damages during this process. You need to update your device at your own risk.
Steps to update your Xiaomi smartphone manually to MIUI 10 (Global BETA)
If your phone doesn’t have MIUI 9.5 installed, but running MIUI 8 or anything else, you need to install Global Beta. The process is very simple. Follow the steps below to install MIUI 10 Global beta on a Xiaomi device running MIUI 8 or 9 stable version. Before jumping to the whole procedure, make sure the following requirements are met.
- Before jumping to anything, back up your important files and data. Because this process incurs the risk of data loss.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone. For that, use Xiaomi’s official unlock portal.
- Download and install Mi Flash tool on your PC, it is required to flash the ROM into your phone.
- Download and install fastboot drivers in your PC.
- You can download the ROM for your device from here.
How to flash the Global Beta ROM
Once the above requirements are ready, proceed with the following steps to install Global beta in your smartphone.
- Switch off your device and enter into Fastboot Mode by pressing Volume down + Power button simultaneously.
- Connect Your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Open Mi Flash Tool and click on the Browse button. Then select the fastboot ROM that you want to install.
- Now click on the Browse button again and select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu. Then Navigate to the .bat file which you want to flash.
- After selecting those files, click on the refresh button. Now your device will get detected on the tool.
- Now click on the Flash Button to start flashing the ROM on your device.
Once the flashing is completed, the device will boot up automatically and you can start setting up your new MIUI 10 skin on your device.
Steps to update your Xiaomi smartphone manually to MIUI 10 (PUBLIC BETA)
If you are running MIUI 9.5 already, here are the easiest steps to install MIUI 10 update in your smartphone. Once again make sure that you are ready to upgrade, check the above requirements once again.
- Find and open the Xiaomi’s UPDATE app from your home screen.
- Tap on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select a menu option named “Choose Update Package.” It will open up a file explorer window.
- Browse and locate the previously downloaded update package from your internal storage.
- The system will start decrypting the file, and it will show you the changelog for the update. If you see that, you are good to go.
- Now the device will reboot and finish your upgrade process.
That’s it! You have successfully initiated the upgrade procedure for Xiaomi smartphone from MIUI 9.5 to MIUI 10. It will take around 10-30mins to complete the installation. After the full installation, the device will reboot once again and will welcome you with the upgraded software.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android