When using WhatsApp, it becomes important to have some conversation remain always on top, and some messages to be available right away when you want it. The current version already has the option to Pin Chats and Star messages in WhatsApp.
This makes it easy to access them without mixing in the clutter. In the upcoming version of WhatsApp, you will also get an option which lets you manage notification pinning as well.
In this guide, we are discussing the steps to pin chats and star messages in WhatsApp app.
How to Pin Chats in WhatsApp and Why?
This involves some simple steps, and everyone can do this without getting into any trouble. Before jumping to it, you have to know why you need it. Pinning chats in WhatsApp is like prioritizing your favorite or important conversations with persons or groups at the top of the chat list. So that, you can access that chat quickly each time you open the app. This avoids missing important chats due to the overloaded message flow.
Steps to Pin chats in WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap and hold on the chat that you want to pin to top of the list.
- It will show up a menu bar on the top with multiple options. You can find the chat pin option (Indicated as a paper pin icon📌). Tap on it.
- Done! Now you have pinned that particular chat on the top. You can see a pin icon near to that chat. It indicates that chat is a pinned one.
Next time you open WhatsApp on your phone, it will show that pinned chat on the top of chat list. So that, you can directly jump into that instead of scrolling down. You can also unpin the chat by tapping and holding on the pinned chat, then tap on the unpin icon from the menu bar.
You can Pin maximum of three conversations, and the last one to get pinned gets on the top.
How to star messages in WhatsApp and why?
WhatsApp has plenty of useful features to improve your user experience. One of them is message starring feature. It lets you star your important conversations and messages for later access. You can find your starred messages in a separate section to access later. It is just like the bookmark option. It bookmarks the important chat for later access.
Steps to star messages in WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- Open the chat you wish. Then find a message to star.
- Now tap and hold on that particular message to get the menu bar on top. You can find a star button (★) in the menu bar. Tap on it.
- Done! You have successfully starred that particular message.
- You can find your starred messages in the WhatsApp options. Tap on the menu options for WhatsApp, then choose the option named as ‘Starred Messages.’
Note: When you clear conversations, you will have an option which makes sure that those messages are not deleted even when you have cleared everything.