Are you a die-hard cricket fan and plan to watch CWC 2019 online for free on phone and laptops? Well, the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup, being hosted by England has already kicked off, and all are incredibly excited for the same. Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to witness the live telecast on TV due to a busy schedule. And hence, most will rely on their smartphones to watch CWC 2019 online. Therefore, we are here with some simple methods to watch CWC 2019 Live on Mobile Phone and Desktop.
How to watch CWC 2019 Live on Mobile Phone and Desktop
Notably, this time, the Cricket World Cup 2019 is being played in England and Wales starting from May 30 to July 14, 2019. A total of ten teams will be competing in the initial round. It includes England, Australia, Bangladesh, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and the West Indies. Out of these ten, the top four teams will progress to the semi-finals. Whereas, two winning teams from semi-finals will play fight for the trophy at the mecca of cricket – Lords in London – on July 14.
As you’d acknowledge, Star Sports Network holds the broadcasting rights for the Cricket World Cup 2019. Hence, the match will telecast live on TV on channels including Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1HD, Sports Hindi 1, Star Sports Hindi 1 HD, Star Select, Select 1 HD, and Star Gold.
Besides, Start Sports will also broadcast live on regional language channels like Star Sports 1 Tamil, Star Sports 1 Kannada, Star Sports 1 Marathi, Star Sports 1 Bangla, and Star Sports 1 Telugu.
Now the main question arrives, how to watch CWC 2019 online? Well, while the matches are readily available for Television, here’s how to watch them live on phone and laptop.
Watch CWC 2019 Live for free in India
Watch on the Phone
Hotstar, being an official online streaming partner of ICC in India, will be streaming live on its mobile and web platforms. However, the app allows users to view only the first 5 minutes of the live stream for a free and post that it will require you to opt for a paid subscription.
That said, you can watch CWC 2019 for free on Hotstar if you have a Jio sim card, thanks to the partnership of both the giants. To do the same:
- Make sure you’ve installed both the JioTV and Hotstar apps on your smartphone.
- Now, open JioTV and sign in with your current Jio number.
- Select Star Sports, and it will redirect you to the Hotstar Cricket World Cup live stream. That’s it; you’ll now be able to enjoy the live telecast of cricket world cup 2019 on your phone for free.
Watch on the Laptop
Well, there aren’t many methods to watch CWC 2019 for free on your PC. However, using the quick hack mentioned below, you can have online access to channels that’ll broadcast world cup matches live on Television.
- Open Chrome on your laptop and navigate to the Chrome Web Store.
- Here, search for JioTv Web Universal and install the chrome extension.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on the extension icon given in the extension bar to open it.
- You’ll now see four options, including Joy TV, Asia TV, Behud TV, and Sports TV. Select Sports TV.
- Next, tap on the IPL Live button present on the website’s header. It’ll now show you a list of sports channel including Star Sports 1, 2, Star Sports Hindi, Jio Cricket Hindi, Jio Cricket English and more.
- You can click any of the channels to watch the CWC live broadcast with audio in high quality, that too without any advertisements.
How to watch CWC 2019 Live outside India
Notably, Rabbithole is the official broadcast partner for ICC CWC 2019 in Bangladesh. Therefore, cricket fans in Bangladesh can enjoy live match telecasts through “rabbitholebd.com.” You’ll be required only to register once using phone or email.
Australia’s Channel 9 has purchased the broadcast rights to every single Australian game, alongside the semi-finals and final. As a result, you will be able to watch all the Australian matches for free, without any subscription fee.
Viewers can watch the ICC World Cup 2019 on either PTV Sports or Ten sports in Pakistan. Those interested can easily stream either of the channels on phone or laptop. Talking of PTV, you can access the world cup live stream by logging into Sports Live PK.
USA, Canada, UK, Africa, etc.
If you don’t reside in any of the countries mentioned above, we’d recommend using VPN apps to stream the match from anywhere in the world. Say, to access Australia’s Channel 9 broadcast you need to connect to a VPN server in Australia. On the other hand, to watch the match on PTV, you’ll have to set VPN servers location to Pakistan. NordVPN will work fine for Australia while the options for Australia and Pakistan servers can be found on ExpressVPN and HideMyAss, respectively.
Besides, if looking for match schedules, results, team standings, latest news, statistics related to the tournament and more, you can download the official ICC World Cup 2019 application from the Google Play Store.
So this was a simple guide on how to watch CWC 2019 online for free on phone and laptops. Let us know which method worked best for you. If in case you have any doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to reach us out using the comment box below.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android