Hewlett Packard has taken its first step in tablet business by introducing the TouchPad. At present, tablet market is packed with many notable devices from topmost manufacturers like Google, Apple and so on. Even so HP TouchPad is making news with its webOS operating system. In terms of appearance, device looks a lot like iPad, but in case of features, it doesn’t excel the Apple product. It reminds one of Apple’s iPad with its glossy black exterior. However product is heavier than iPad since it is not as slim as iPad. In spite of everything, device is pretty commendable.
Technical Specifications of HP TouchPad
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060, Dual core, 1.2GHz
- Operating System: HP webOS 3.0
- Display Size: 9.7 inch diagonal
- Display Resolution: XGA (1024×768 pixels)
- Storage: 16 GB( 32 GB also available)
- Multimedia: Internal Stereo Speakers and Beats Audio, 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Communication: Dual band Wi-Fi with 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- I/O Ports: Headphone, Microphone and MicroUSB
- Input Devices: Touchscreen
- Security: HP ProtectTools Security Suite
- Power: 6300 mAh Lithium Power battery
- Design: HP gloss black finish
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 9.5 x 7.5 x 0.5
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
Some Eye Catching Features of TouchPad
WebOS Defines Uniqueness of TouchPad
TouchPad is based on webOS which is tablet friendly and same as any other mobile OS available in market. Synergy section, general function of webOS is provided with other regular functions. Although these features are common with Pixi or Palm Pre users, UI and UX stand out. Overall webOS is not an extraordinary feature but significant for sure.
Prime advantage of product is multitasking service. Users can go to the next function with no trouble since product is incorporated with “Cards” that support multitasking. Every active application is given a card and they are displayed on desktop. Hence switching between functions can be done just by swipe. For function within function, stack of cards is created.
TouchPad provides a simple way to search content. There is one Just Type search box on desktop where you can type whatever you want to search. It is quick option and gives significant results from web and tablet’s catalogue, contacts, documents etc.
Kills the Need of Special Dock
TouchPad is designed in such way that it doesn’t need any special dock for loading. Loading is done through induction. This fact surely gives relief to users.
Hundreds of Apps
TouchPad has promised to provide support for about 200 apps. These apps are exclusively designed for tablet. Moreover, thousands of apps, which are actually designed for Pre phones, work suitably on TouchPad. Angry Birds, Kindle Reader, Quickoffice and Facebook app are all provided in TouchPad. Checkout the Apps store for HP Touchpad.
On the whole, though HP TouchPad doesn’t stamp out influence of iPad but it surely gives you an option, worth considering. As we talk about cost of the product, for Wi-Fi model and 16GB unit, it is $499.99 and 32GB unit is shipping for $599.99. Price is same as that of Apple iPad and hence leaves a loop for a second thought.
Checkout more info and purchasing options on the HP official webisite.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android