Taiwanese manufacturer HTC has issued a press release officially announcing HTC Desire 600 within a day of it being leaked in a GFXBench database. HTC Desire 600 is the second Smartphone from HTC to come with a new updated Sense UI 5.0, with HTC One being the first. The Smartphone supports dual-active GSM+GSM SIM card connectivity and it packs 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 Quad core processor. It comes with a 4.5 inch Super LCD 2 qHD display which is powered by 1 GB RAM and Android Jelly Bean OS.
Here is a complete list of specifications:
- Dual-SIM with Dual-Active configuration
- 4.5 inch Super LCD 2 display with qHD (960 x 540) resolution
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Quad-core processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB internal storage with Micro SD card expansion slot
- 8 MP rear camera with 720p video capture and LED flash, 1.6 MP front camera
- Connectivity: Dual-band HSPA, tri-band GSM/EDGE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX
- NFC, GPS and AGPS
- 1860 mAh battery
- Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean OS (version not yet confirmed)
The phone also features HTC’s ImageChip for improved processing and BoomSound dual front-facing speakers with Beats Audio inbuilt. It will sport the same popular BlinkFeed content stream from HTC One as it gets the latest Sense UI from the manufacturer. HTC also announced that the phone will be available from mobile operators and retailers in Russia, Ukraine and MEA from early June 2013. The pricing and availability details are not yet announced for Europe, Asia and North America.
Peter Chou, CEO of HTC added:
The HTC Desire 600 dual-SIM combines speed and easy multitasking with the truly innovative HTC BlinkFeed home screen. The result is an affordable mid-range phone that sets the standard for its class, keeping the busiest user up-to-date at a glance and offering them the power and range of features to switch between work and play.
HTC Desire 600 features same processor as that of Samsung Galaxy Win/Quattro with similar other specifications, we expect it to be priced in the vicinity of Galaxy Win/Quattro so as to be able to compete with it. HTC Desire 600 is one of the announced phone from two leaks yesterday. Taiwan NCC Certification Site also leaked HTC Desire 200(102e) aka G2. According to the leak the phone will pack 3.5 inch HVGA display, 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz processor, 4 GB storage, 5 MP rear camera, 1400 mAh battery and Android. It will be an entry level replacement for Desire C targeted for Asia only.
We suggest you to take HTC Desire 200 leak with a pinch of salt since it was leaked by a different source than HTC Desire 600, whose leak came out to be a lot more accurate. Now that both Samsung and HTC have jumped into the entry level quad core battle with Snapdragon 200 chip, we expect similar announcements from Sony and LG soon. Keep following us on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook for technology news related to tablets and gadgets.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android