HTC has officially announced its HTC One Mini Smartphone. The One Mini is a smaller variant of HTC’s current flagship HTC One which comes with the same unibody design, ultrapixel camera and a front facing speakers as HTC One, but in a smaller package with mid-range specifications. The company has to cut a few corners as there is no NFC or infrared present in HTC One Mini.
Here is a complete list of specifications:
- 4.3 inch Super LCD2 720p display with 341 PPI pixel density
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 dual core processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1 GB of RAM with 16 GB internal storage but no Micro SD card expansion slot
- 4 MP ultrapixel camera having 2.0 µm pixels and F/2.0 aperture with HTC Zoe support
- 1.6 MP front facing camera
- Connectivity: 2G/3G/4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB2.0, GPS/GLONASS, DLNA
- Li-Po 1800 mAh non-removable battery
- Dimensions: 132×63.2×9.25 mm and weight 122 grams
- Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 UI on top and BlinkFeed
Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation said:
We are proud to be behind the market’s leading Smartphone and now, with the addition of the HTC One mini, the best Smartphone family in the world. The HTC One mini embodies everything that makes the HTC One a success on a smaller but equally eye-catching scale.
HTC also added in an official blog post:
The HTC One mini brings everything consumers love about the HTC One, including the HTC UltraPixel Camera with HTC Zoe, HTC BoomSound and HTC BlinkFeed, into a smaller package.
The Smartphone will come with same HTC One’s dual front facing speakers with HDR dual microphones and a headphone amplifier. It comes with Beats Audio and HTC BoomSound and thus gives you the best audio experience overall. When it comes to camera, the Smartphone loses Optical Image Stabilization which was present on HTC One but will still provide you with good low light performance. It can also do 1080p video recording and camera brings HDR as well.
HTC One Mini will be available in two colors: Glacial Silver and Stealth Black. It will be available beginning August in selected markets and Germany and UK will be the first countries to receive it. It will go global in September. Pricing details will be revealed later on at the time of a local launch. EE, O2 and Vodafone in the UK have confirmed that they will play host to HTC One Mini while many carriers will offer it in the US including AT&T whose screenshots was also leaked by Android Police featuring an HTC One Mini running on AT&T’s 4G LTE network.
The specifications and build looks decent, but all depends on the pricing which will decide its fate. Stay tuned to our blog and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more related news on gadgets, tablets and phones.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android