The HTC Wildfire S is a down-priced and down-sized version of the HTC Desire. It’s an average smartphone with loads of features from HTC with an affordable price tag.
Now, let’s look at some of the features of HTC Wildfire S:
- 600Hz Qualcomm MSM7227
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- Multi-touch option
- Proximity sensor
- Bluetooth with A2DP
- 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash and touch focus
- MicroSD card slot, additional 2GB card
- Android OS 2.4 Gingerbread
- Social network integration
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and GPS receiver
- Direct access to the official Android repository
- 3.2″ capacitive touch screen of QVGA resolution
- Flash-enabled browser
- Smart dialing
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Missing TV output and voice dialing option
- Video calling option missing
It’s a stylish and solidly built smartphone but, if you are still under the hangover of HTC Desire then it might disappoint you. Listen to me, there is no need to get ashamed of. The solidness of Wildfire is capable enough to satisfy you.
However, the screen of Wildfire S is a real disappointment. Its touch screen with 3.2” and QVGA resolution gives 320 X 480px. It has excellent brightness but that’s not enough to compensate for overall poor picture quality but sensitivity of the touch screen is quite good. It seems that all the cost-cutting efforts have affected the screen more than any part of this phone.
The captive controls of this handset work well and quite user-friendly too. Joystick of this phone, however, is not that useful and can be applied for some limited options only. In fact, the joystick’s operations are so limited that users might not able to tell you whether at all it is working flawlessly.
Placement of audio jack and tiny mouthpiece whole is quite good.
The 5MP camera is placed at the top of the back side between loud speaker grill and LED flash. The camera of Wildfire enables users to take quality pictures.
The HTC Wildfire S’s USP is perhaps its size. It’s just perfect for single-handed use but the display quality of it is always disappointing. But users of regular touch screen phones might not find it average with excellent touch screen sensitivity. Users might feel that this phone has been designed in hurry that’s why it has some major drawbacks.
At the end, the HTC Wildfire S can be termed as an average hand set but its low price may seem attractive to many.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android