You know site traffic and content are two of the key factors that contribute to how much you’ll earn with AdSense. Now, let’s learn what you can do about them.
How do I get more traffic to my site?
Webmasters always looks for ways by which they can attract more and more readers towards their website but sometimes tricks goes bad because of using the activities which are not considered as fair practices. However, there are good ways to promote your site, and there are bad ways. “Good” site promotion usually takes a lot of time and commitment; traffic doesn’t increase overnight.
Some possible solutions for increasing your site’s visibility
- Improve the content and design of your site to make it more appealing to your users.
- Promote your site through word-of-mouth or advertising campaigns. You can try AdWords for online advertising.
- Make your site more visible to the Google search index by using Google Webmaster Tools.
- Optimize your site to make it search index-friendly. However, be sure to make pages for users, not for search engines, and make sure those pages comply with Google Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
If you do choose to use online advertising to promote your pages showing Google ads, those pages must also comply with the spirit of Google’s Landing Page Quality Guidelines. For instance, if you advertise sites that are part of the AdSense content network, the advertising should not be deceptive to users.
- Programs that may bring uninterested users to your site, such as traffic exchange programs where you purchase or trade user traffic, possibly generating invalid activity.
- Link farms that may artificially raise your Google PageRank.
- Tricks intended to improve your site’s search engine rankings, such as loading pages with irrelevant keywords, hidden text, or hidden links.
- Promoting your site on third-party sites not designed for site promotion, or where such promotion is unwanted, such as classifieds or social networking sites.
- Incentive-based services such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf, and click-exchange programs.
- Services providing a number of “guaranteed” pageviews.
- Generally, any service that artificially generates impressions or clicks on your ads.
Please be aware that most sources of cheap or “guaranteed” traffic do not provide useful leads for advertisers, so Google considers ad impressions from these sources to be invalid. In certain situations the publisher’s account is disabled. For this reason, I recommend that you must periodically review your traffic reports to determine the nature of your site’s visitors.
If you feel that the page impressions on your site are coming from illegitimate traffic, you should avoid using these services in order to keep your account in good standing. If you need help logging the traffic on your site to determine the source of your visitors, use Google Analytics.
An Important question answered by Google AdSense team, read it!
What about all these programs I see that sell “AdSense-ready sites?”
While we can’t comment on any specific programs, it’s important to note that we deal with many publishers expecting to make lots of money based on promises that third-party companies have made. Needless to say, most of these publishers are quite disappointed with their results. AdSense does not endorse or recommend any of these products. There is no substitute for genuine content. The key to success for most publishers is to build and promote a quality site. If you’re purchasing a cookie-cutter site or trying to build a site based on high-paying keywords, you run the risk of alienating advertisers who may choose to stop running ads on your site. Publishers who are passionate about their sites and have a genuine interest in creating high quality content usually do well with AdSense.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android