After iOS 3.1.3, every software update from Apple made old generation device users sad. That’s because Apple has stopped signing any new firmware after due to hardware compatibility issue. If you are still using the old generation devices and want the bling of iOS 5, Whited00r has made it possible.
Install iOS 5 on your iPhone 2G 3G or iPod Touch 1G 2G using Whited00r
- Download custom ipsw
- Install on iPhone/iPod Touch using iTunes
Developers behind Whited00r have developed a custom iOS firmware which makes iOS 5 run on non-compatible devices. No jailbreak is required, its as easy as restoring a device. To get it, head over to Whited00r website and download the custom ipsw for your device and install it on your device using iTunes.
Whited00r has listed a complete tutorial on how to install iOS 5 on your device, check it on their official website.
This custom firmware is not official iOS 5 firmware from Apple, but it is modified version of iOS 3.1.3. These modifications include changes in the user interface along with this it also includes Multitasking, folders, remainder app and also Dropbox Syncing.
Drawbacks of Whited00r custom firmware
But there are lots of disadvantages for the same. Though it brings iOS 5, its not complete as you don’t get many of its features.
- Notification Center is available
- No App Store app included
- Newsstand is Whited00r news portal and not the novels and subscription from Apple
- Dropbox Syncing has replaced iCloud.
Since it is a modified version of iOS 3.1.3 you cannot install apps compatible with iOS 4, that means you cannot install the newest applications and will be running only backward compatible apps.
Apple is quite correct about its compatibility issues as all these elements will massively bring down the performance of your device and it will lag. So if you are iPod 2G or iPhone 3G user, I recommend you to stay away from Whited00r. Instead, Apple officially signs iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. It is better to stay on official firmware rather than the modified version with some drawbacks.
Note: It is not available for iPhone 1g 2g
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android