Android is by far one of the best success stories of Linux, due to which the world of mobiles is now Linux dominated. But the PC world is not. Why? No Android!?
Android x86 Project
Well, there is a way, Android can be run on PC too! Although it can be run on any PC, a touch PC is what it’s made for! I’m talking about a project called Android-x86 that lets you. does just the same. In this 3 part tutorial, I’m going to demonstrate how to install Android on a touch based netbook, Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t.
First of all, please understand the risks. This project is neither created by Google, nor supported by it in any means. Also, I and The Geeks Club cannot be help responsible for any loss or damage, of any kind if it occurs on your PC.
Install Android on a computer
Worries aside, let’s begin with our step by step tutorial.
- A PC with a USB port, having either Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Android x86 iso
- USB flash drive of atleast 1GB capacity
- Modem and LAN wire (optional) [For downloading apps]
- Common Sense
- First, you need to complete the requirements list. Instead of the iso and UNetBootin, I am assuming you have the rest.
- Go to Android x86 download page. Select the version you want to download. In my case, it was Android 2.2 S10-3t. If you want to use it on a PC, select Generic PC/Laptop Android 2.2. Even latest versions like Ice Cream Sandwich are covered, although device support is less.
- After downloading, download the app UNetBootin from here. Run the executable
- In UNetBootin, select ISO and navigate to get to the file you just downloaded
- Insert a USB flash drive, format it to FAT32. It can be done through the OS itself.
- In UNetBootin, select your drive name and then click OK
- After 5 minutes or so, your flash drive will be ready.
Now you’re now ready to insert the flash drive and install Android. We’ll cover this in Part 2 of this tutorial series.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android