Today Apple shipped a minor update to iOS 5, 5.0.1 an update mainly developed to fix battery related issues. The most awaited update by iPhone 4S owners since they felt that their device is power hungry which almost ate 1% of the battery ever minute or so.
According to Apple this 5.0.1 update includes,
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds multitasking gestures to original iPad
- Resolves bugs with the Documents in the cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Along with this it has also fixed five major security holes which even includes the one found by Charlie Miller earlier this week. Also Siri has been tweaked to work better with Australian users.
Since iOS 5.0.1 has tried every step towards the security of iOS, it is difficult to by pass the security and get an untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1. As of now, Redsn0w as well as Sn0wbreeze has brought tethered jailbreak supporting 5.0.1. but don’t expect untethered jailbreak anytime soon. Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0 will come soon as promised by Musclenerd but no luck for 5.0.1 soon.
If you connect your device to iTunes you’ll be notified to update your device DON’T DO THAT!
Keep your current (5.0) itself. For old devices users (iPod 3G, iPod 4G, iPhone 4) there is no need to update to 5.0.1 since battery fix is just for iPhone 4S.
Also if you are running WiFi on your device, this is the first OTA (Over-the-air) Update on iOS 5 make sure you don’t update to 5.0.1 OTA also.
If you have already jailbreaked your device running on iOS 5.0 (tethered) make sure you download iSHSHit from Cydia and save SHSH blobs of your device running on iOS 5.0. Later download these on your PC and stitch an iOS 5.0 IPSW for to be safe enough and making your device ready for future downgrading. I’ll soon come with complete tutorial regarding how to stitch IPSW with SHSH blobs.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android