The launch of Apple’s iOS 5 was one of the most remarkable and important improvements in the world of mobile operating systems. And Apple always made it a point to keep this new OS at its best. They have been updating their OS as and when required in order to make iOS 5 as stable and efficient as possible. And in order to continue doing that, Apple has released yet another update, the iOS 5.1.1 which takes care of the bugs and issues of the previous version and also takes care of most of the problems people were complaining about on the New iPad. This update is available via both, ‘iTunes’ and ‘Over the Air’.
iOS 5.1.1 Update Released
According to Apple, this new 5.1.1 update takes care of the following points:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos captured using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback under some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
So it is quite clear that this new update is going to solve a lot of problems and at the same time will give you a better experience on your iDevice. But do not forget that if you are already using a jailbroken device, then it is better NOT TO update to iOS 5.1.1 right away. Because if you do so, you will lose your Jailbreak and you never know how long it might take for the iOS 5.1.1 to have an untethered jailbreak. But at the same time, if you are on a stock iOS version, then it is an advantage for you since you can update to the latest iOS right away!
How to Update your iDevice to iOS 5.1.1?
So if you are looking forward to update your iDevice to iOS 5.1.1, you can follow any of the following methods:
Direct Update from your iDevice
1. Connect your iDevice to the Internet
2. Go to SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> SOFTWARE UPDATE
3. Your device should detect the ‘New Available Update’
4. Click on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.
5. Wait for the process to get completed.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and you are done.
Update using iTunes
1. Connect your iDevice to iTunes
2. Make sure you have Internet Connection on your computer
3. In iTunes under Summary tab click on UPDATE
4. iTunes will detect the ‘New Available Update’
6. Wait for the process to get completed.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and you are done.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android