Apple today has announced that the iPad 2 will be available in 12 countries, including India, April 29 2011 onwards. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in Japan on April 28 and Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE on April 29.
The retail price suggested is $499 (US) for the 16GB model, $599 (US) for the 32GB model and $699 (US) for the 64GB model.
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model, $729 (US) for the 32GB model and $829 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China on May 6, and further international availability will be announced at a later date.
Additionally, iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China beginning Friday, May 6.
iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores at 9 a.m. local time, select Apple Authorized Resellers, and online through the Apple Store beginning at 1 a.m.
In India, iPad 2 will be available at an MRP of:
- Rs. 29,500 for the 16GB model
- Rs. 34,500 for the 32GB model
- Rs. 39,500 for the 64GB model.
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a maximum retail price of:
- Rs. 36,900 for the 16GB model
- Rs. 41,900 for the 32GB model
- Rs. 46,900 for the 64GB model.
iPad 2 is 15% lighter and 33% thinner than the original iPad. It features Apple’s new dual-core A5 processor and includes two cameras, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and Photo Booth, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video. iPad 2 is expected to have a battery life of up to 10 hours of battery life.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android