Users of MacOS don’t get the options of “PrtScr” on their computers. That is the option of Print screen, which is used to print or capture the screen of your computer. But that doesn’t mean that you cannot do that on your MacOS. Mac provides some keyboard shortcuts to take screenshots. Let’s check them out.
Keyboard Shortcuts To Take Screenshot on macOS
1. Command + Shift + 3. This shortcut will capture your entire screen. This capture will be stored as an image and it will be saved on your desktop. So when you have to capture the entire screen, press command + shift + 3 on your keyboard.
2. Command + Shift + 4. This shortcut will allow you to capture a selected area of your screen. When you will hit command + shift + 4 on your keyboard, you will see a handy selection tool appearing on your screen. Drag this tool and select the area you want to capture. It will automatically save the selected area on your desktop when you let go of the selection tool.
3. Command + Shift + 4 + Space. Now, this shortcut helps you to capture a window of your screen. So when you love multi-tasking and having so many windows open at once, this shortcut is ought to be created for you. Press command + shift + 4, let go of them and then press spacebar. A camera cursor will appear on your screen to ask you which window you need to capture. Take this cursor to the window you want to capture and click on the same. It will save the selected window on your desktop.
So, those are the keyboard shortcuts to capture screens on your macOS device. You can later share these files from your desktop. Try these features on your own and have some fun experience with these screenshots.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android