The Lenovo ThinkPad T420 will surely impress you with its sandy bridge base and Core i5-2520 CPU. Its powerful build in structure and comfortable key board will surprise you. Both professionals and aspiring users, will love this machine.
Satisfactory performance, user friendly, and good build quality.
Not so good screen, unfortunately USB 3.0 is not available, no Bluetooth available;and TrackPoint may not be suitable for everyone.
Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Quick Specifications
- 2nd generation Intel Core processor i5-2520M Processor (2.50GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
- 2 GB DDR3 – 1333MHz (1 DIMM)
- Intel HD Integrated 14.0″ (1366 x 768) LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display
- NVIDIA NVS 4200M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 Memory and Optimus Technology
- 320 GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)
- Multiple security layers
- Dual digital HD mics аחԁ 720p HD Camera
- 9 hours battery life with 9 cell battery
- One of the best keyboard design by Lenovo
- 1 Year Depot Warranty
Design, Build Quality and User Comfort
It has a 14 inch display and a soft and comfortable keyboard. Its design allows users more space for resting their palms while typing. The keys are capable of making their impression with soft and gentle touch. Thankfully, you don’t have to push them hard and make your fingers tired. They don’t create noise while making VOIP calls. Their utility and user-friendly approach will never irritate you.
Its chassis is quite similar to other Lenovo T series ThinkPads. So you will get a matte finished black body with square edges and subtle status lights. It seems that the Lenovo’s Think Pad T420 is going to hit the market hard, for its close competitors.
Its speakers are located on its sides and it has three USB 2.0 ports, earphone and display ports. There is SD card slot in it but the 3.0 USB port is missing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T420 has great webcam and Bluetooth. It also have a Wi-Di support too.
There is an in-built DVD burner in it and placed at the corner of the chassis. However, the push button of the DVD burner is so soft that you can often discover yourself with an open DVD tray. I admit that sometimes it’s really irritating.
It has a real light body. So you can easily work for hours with placing it in your laps. But make sure that you are not obstructing the ventilation fan. You can use the touchpad or the trackpoint device for comfortable navigation. The trackpoint proves useful when you are operating the laptop putting it in your lap.
According to NotebookCheck :
The T420 is basically designed for business customers who are looking for a solid office laptop with a good application performance and nevertheless good mobile qualities. A slight performance increase in 3D applications can be expected in the configurations with a dedicated Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics card, which also supports DirectX 11, listed in the USA. However, our test laptop won’t mutate to a stronger graphics workstation even with this graphics solution.
So you can now make your decision much easily. Anyone who wants a business class Thinkpad, can go for the Lenovo ThinkPad T420. However, there are some issues with the placement of the trackpoint and ejection of DVD burner tray. But overall, it looks good and expected to serve well.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android