LG has just announced that it is all set to launch the electronic paper display (EPD) product in Europe in coming month. It has started mass production of its 6-inch, 1024×768 e-ink plastic screen electronic paper display.
Its 0.7mm thick, it weighs 14g and LG claims it’s resistant to scratches and drops from a 1.5 meter height. The specialty of this display is its flexibility, LG claims the screen allows bending at a range of 40 degrees from its center.
The product name has not been revealed till now. Everyone is just calling it from its technological name EDP. And no other information regarding the price and tie-ups has been revealed by the Korean electronics giant as well.
“With the world’s first plastic EPD, LG Display has once again proven its reputation for leadership and innovation with a product we believe will help greatly popularize the E-Book market,” said Sang Duck Yeo, Head of Operations for LG Display’s Mobile/OLED division.
There is no word on a US release, but LG says the EPD will first be supplied to ODM companies in China, with completed products hitting European shores at the beginning of April.
The technology is taking a huge shift, let’s see how much will it able to impress the people!
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android