A major update to the flagship MacBook Pro has been announced at the WWDC. Apple has quietly discontinued the 17-inch MacBook Pro and instead announced a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
The new MacBook Pro is built for the highest levels of performance. Its much more powerful than any other old Macs. Being the performance powerhouse it is built with the most powerful hardware which includes the third generation Intel Core i7 CPU, NVIDIA GPU with Kepler architecture, 8GB/16GB of RAM and the Retina Display.
Is MacBook Pro with Retina Display really needed?
Building a MacBook together with all such powerful components led to price rise. That’s why this MacBook Pro with Retina Display comes with a big price tag that is not affordable for most of the masses. And that calls for a decision making time.
To finalize your machine just think, do you really need such a high spec’d machine? Your need depends on your usage and it can be,
- Web surfing
- Watching Movies and listening to music
- Graphics designing
- Audio/Video Editing
If your use is anything between 1 to 4, you really don’t need the new MacBook Pro with Retina display. A powerful machine like the new Macbook will be underrated if used for such casual purpose.
All the casual work like Social networking, web surfing, watching videos on YouTube, watching movies and some document editing doesn’t require ultra powerful CPU. To suite your purpose, there’s ultra-stylish MacBook Air which can be readily used to perform all the casual work and is also affordable.
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display – $2199
- Updated MacBook Pro 13-inch – $1199
- MacBook Air 13-inch – $1199
The difference is exactly $1000 and that’s not less for sure. Instead of spending extra $1000, you can either get MacBook Air as a portable option or if you still require decently powered machine MacBook Pro 13-inch with Ivy Bridge is the right option for you, but it won’t be portable as Air or new Pro.
If your use is between 5 to 7, MacBook Air will not suffice your requirements. Graphics and Audio/Video editing requires a performance blended CPU and alongside a better RAM. MacBook Pro with Retina Display is a powerhouse and will provide the best and smooth performance for heavy work.
Retina Display makes it look beautiful, but at the end it’s useless for casual work. Photographers and Graphics designers are the ones who are blessed with the retina resolution. And these are the ones who require a powerful device on the go along with the gamer’s.
Honestly saying, Apple products are mind-boggiling and so is the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Don’t be sad if the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display is not for you. Instead, save those $1000 for the iPhone 5.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android