If you are a photographer who likes the speed and photo-quality of a DSLR camera but not its bulk then, Mirrorless camera is probably the best choice for you.
Known by various names such as Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM), Mirrorless System Camera (MSC), Compact System Camera (CSC) and more, Mirrorless cameras are a popular class of digital system cameras that do not have a mirror-based optical viewfinder in them.
If they do have it, they are referred as Electronic Viewfinder with Interchangable Lens (EVIL). The main highlight of a mirrorless camera is its form factor. Mirrorless cameras are generally thinner and ligther than their true DSLR counterparts.
Moreover, they have been built to withstand harsh conditions whilst providing higher resolution images and also perform well at the point where even some high-end point and shoot cameras fail to deliver.
The lack of viewfinder however makes them incapable for taking pictures of objects in motion.
Some Mirrorless Cameras that should interest you.
Canon EOS M:
Photographer professionals who love Canon DSLRs but not its weight should find Cannon EOS M as a decent choice. The camera comes with a Canon EF-M 22mm F/2 STM ‘Pancake’ lens. Other than this, it has
- 18 MP CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- 3.0” touch-screen LCD with 1040K-dots
- Touch AF and multi-touch operation
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Full HD Movie with Focus tracking
Also, it is compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses when connected through an adapter. Canon EOS M will be available in October for $799.
Nikon 1 J2:
Nikon 1 J2 has a 3.1 inch LCD and includes a built-in flash. It also has 10.1 MP CMOS sensors, an HDMI, and USB connectivity. The camera’s new ‘Creative Mode’ enables you to easily create panoramic shots either horizontally or vertically. How? It automatically detects the motion in which the camera is moving and therefore creates a horizontal or vertical frame for your convenience.
Apart from this, Nikon 1 J2 has 2 other special modes,
- Night Landscape mode – The mode simplifies the process of shooting at night by reducing blur and noise.
- Night Portrait mode – Combines images of the background and foreground with flash and delivers a balanced version of the two.
Sony Alpha NEX 5N:
Sony Alpha NEX 5N is a good option for photographers who would like to own a relatively inexpensive ILC for shooting videos. Videos shot using the camera look good and sharp with bright and saturated colors.
The only issue that lies with Sony Alpha NEX 5N is OVERHEATING. When in use for long, the camera feels warm so under hot conditions it can overheat at shorter intervals.
Price of the camera – $499.99.
Let us know if you do decide to buy one.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android