After the success of the Motorola Milestone, Motorola announced the Milestone 2 in last September when the smartphone wars were HOT! Released in October in the United States, Milestone is also called as DROID 2 in the USA.
Motorola Milestone 2 Features and Tech specs
Motorola Milestone 2 is soon hitting the Indian shores on an online store, Letsbuy has added the phone for sale at an exciting price of Rs. 20,999 INR. That means even less than the first generation of Motorola Milestone and that’s not enough Letsbuy is also offering home delivery in 2 – 4 days and even 12 months warranty.
Here are some key features of Motorola Milestone 2
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G with HSDPA and HSUPA support
- 3.7″ 16M-color capacitive touchscreen with WVGA (480x 854 pixels) resolution
- Scratch-resistant Gorilla glass
- One of the slimmest QWERTY side sliders
- TI OMAP3630 1GHz CPU, PowerVR SGX530 graphics accelerator; 512MB of RAM
- Android OS v2.2; MOTOBLUR UI 1.5 with SNS integration
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash; face detection, geo-tagging
- 720p HD video recording @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n; Wi-Fi hotspot functionality; DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS; Digital compass
- 8GB storage; microSD slot with 8GB card preinstalled
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor, in-pocket detection with auto lock
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Smart and voice dialing
- Office document editor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- DivX/XviD video support
However, the official launch of Motorola Milestone 2 in India will be soon in next week. Since the Motorola Milestone 2 will be priced at Rs. 20,999 INR it is expected that the Motorola Defy’s price will inevitably fall and hence it will drop in the margin on 15k phones.
Comparing Motorola Defy with the Motorola Milestone 2:
Milestone 2 and Defy are nearly priced the same in India but comparing the specifications we find Milestone 2 surely has got better performance.
Motorola Defy gets performance lag as compared to Milestone 2 due to the 800MHz processor whereas Milestone 2 has got the 1GHz processor. Its even predicted that the current version of Android on Milestone 2 would surely get the Gingerbread update while Defy will only be reaching upto Froyo.
There is not much physical change in both the phones except the Sliding qwerty as both the phones have the same screen size the dimensions are also equal.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android