The world’s first Android 3.0 Honeycomb-powered Tablet PC – MOTO XOOM by Motorola is just an amazing craft of technology. Motorola’s new innovation looks very nice and slim – only 12.9mm thick, 10.1-inch touch screen with 1280×800 screen resolution, and the built-in microphone, stereo speakers, 3.5mm headset jack, support for HDMI, USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.1, transmission and other functions make this tablet – A Complete Device.
Motorola XOOM Android 3.0 Tablet Review, Tech Specs, Pricing, and Availability details
In addition, MOTO XOOM is also equipped with built-in 32GB memory capacity and an expansion slot for the use of memory cards up to 32GB. This is something which you really want to hold in your hands. Let’s dive in more depth about the features and specs of the device, here is the detailed review of the insanely powerful device.
Motorola XOOM: Powerful Hardware
MOTO XOOM, in addition to emphasizing the use of Android 3.0 operating system also has powerful hardware, combined with NVIDIA Tegra 2, dual-core 1GHz processor and 1GB DDR2 RAM, can make an excellent operating environment and is showing the effects of different levels. On the network side, MOTO XOOM has a mainstream 3G network support, you can also upgrade to the 4G LTE; other connectivity functions include Wi-Fi wireless networks, Bluetooth 2.1, Mobile Hotspot function – to create a personal and exclusive virtual wireless network.
Motorola XOOM: Power of New OS and Apps
MOTO XOOM comes with Android 3.0 – Honeycomb, the latest and specifically designed OS for Tablets. It harnesses the full power of Tablet PC hardware and gives you a new experience level. The new Apps are also coming for this version which is more extensible and gives more features and functionalities.
Motorola XOOM: Outstanding Multimedia Entertainment
MOTO XOOM is equipped with 10.1-inch touch screen having 1280 x 800 screen resolution and 16:10 Aspect Ratio which gives you a superb movie watching experience. It has a 5 Megapixel rear end camera and 2 Megapixel front facing the camera, dual LED flash provides a static shot and 720p HD video recording. On the other hand, MOTO XOOM has also designed a display base where in addition to a charge use, you can also add speakers, HDMI output connector and can also be used as audio and video output to enjoy your stuff at the high-definition TV.
It supports a wide variety of file formats for playback including AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, ACC+ Enhanced, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+ and comes with pre-installed Video Editing Software Movie Studio.
Motorola XOOM Tech Specs
- 10.1 inches Multi-Touch Screen, WXGA 1280 x 800 Screen Resolution with 16:10 Aspect Ratio.
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb Operating System.
- 1GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor.
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 32GB in-built Memory capacity with 32 GB Micro SD card slot.
- CDMA 800 /1900 LTE 700, Rx diversity in all Network bands.
- 5 MP Rear and 2 MP Front Camera with dual LED flash.
- 720p HD video camera.
- 1080P Full HD support for high-definition video playback.
- Flash Player 10.1 Support
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- HDMI, USB 2.0 interface, GPS and Location Services.
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n wireless network.
- Built-in microphone and stereo speakers.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
- 249.1 x 167.8 x 12.9 mm in Size and 730 Grams in Weight.
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient light, Barometer, Gyroscope.
Motorola XOOM Accessories
Motorola introduced a wide variety of new accessories for MOTO XOOM to enhance the functionality of the device. The main accessory includes Standard Dock, Wireless Keyboard, Car Charger, Speaker Dock, Protective Gel Case and many more are there. T
Motorola XOOM Pricing & Availability
The base retail price of the device is marked at $799.99 and available with Verizon Wireless in the USA. You can buy it either from Motorola Store or from BestBuy.com or Verizon Store. Verizon is offering XOOM is $599.99 with a 2-year contract and free shipping.
There is no doubt that Motorola XOOM is the most powerful tablet PC currently available in the market. However, the question here is, do we have enough apps to use it completely?
Apple also recently launched the iPad 2, though it don’t have such powerful hardware specs as XOOM is packed with but iPad 2 has iOS and 65,000 Apps available in App Store. It makes it far more useful than any other Android powered tablet. MOTO XOOM comes with latest version of Android OS. There are not much apps available in the market which can really harness the power of this device. It is also costlier than Apple iPad2.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android