Nokia today announced the launch of a renewed version of the Symbian operating system. This version – which has been referred to previously as PR2 – is now known as Symbian Anna.
Symbian Anna comes with a faster browser, improved text input, fresh, new icons and the latest version of Ovi Maps. Symbian Anna will now be available on Nokia X7 and Nokia E6, and will also be made available for owners of the Nokia N8, C7, C6-01 and E7 in the coming months.
For business users, the update also includes instant messaging with Microsoft Communicator Mobile, email enhancements that include full meeting request support and hardware-accelerated device encryption.
The exact dates on which Symbian Anna will be available for download to existing devices are not yet available, beyond “in the coming months, says Nokia.
After the Nokia-Microsoft understanding, observers were skeptical about Nokia’s commitment to the Symbian platform, but this development shows that Nokia is still interested in promoting the Symbian operating system.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android