Newcomer in tablet PC series, the new Panasonic Toughpad A1, is by no means an ordinary device. Based on Panasonic line of Toughbooks, this tablet goes truly by its name – rugged and tough. With extended display size of 10″ (diagonal) and resolution of 1024×768, this mean machine can face the toughest of ambient conditions. Typically designed for personnel such as army or construction force, it can be used by an enterprise business work force as well. Lets take a deeper look into the feature set it offers.
- Tested for harsh weather condition, water and sand proof, so relatively good for real life field condition or people who are constantly on move (e.g. business travelers).
- With an integrated 4G support, high speed wireless broadband possible for fast data transfer.
- Serviceable battery makes sure; you can just replace the faulty cell (and not the entire battery), saving on maintenance cost.
- With big screen and GPS support, never get lost!
- Not within everybody’s reach due to high price (approx $1300).
- Big size and weight compared to upcoming 7″ tablets, which are small in size and easy to carry.
Panasonic Toughpad Technical Specifications
- 1.2 GHz Processor (Dual Core)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- Highly robust (IP65 and MIL-STD-810G Certified)
- Camera – 2MP front and 5MP rear
- Display 10.1” XGA LED
- Inbuilt 4G – WiMax or 3G support (optional)
- Highly enhance Daylight readable screen
- 1GB RAM, 16 GB Flash
- GPS receiver, Wi-Fi Hotspot router
- Micro USB 2.0, Micro SD support
- 3 Year Warranty (with business class support)
Features Worth Mentioning
Since this tablet can also be used in high risk, high security environment, it comes preloaded with inherent hardware and software encryption techniques. So if this tablet somehow lands in wrong hands, they can’t do much with it.
Hardened like anything
The tablet has been tested to with stand a drop from 120 cm (4 ft), with high resistance to dust and water in extreme conditions. Device has long battery life that lasts up to 10 hours or more.
Available in two variants
Panasonic Toughpad A1 is available in March 2012, typically in 2 variants – One with only WiFi and other one which supports 3G also, wherein latter being the pricey one. So one can make choice according to the need as such. Also there are plans of another 7″ tablet from Panasonic in same series called Toughpad B1, slated to be release in Q2, 2012.
The capacitive screen of Panasonic Toughpad is very well readable in daylight and well equipped with anti glare technology. Also with the use of optional stylus, it can server as notepad as well.
Panasonic Toughpad Price
It’s available at around $1300 (with 3G support)
Not typically meant for home or hobby segment, this is again a costly proposition. This device is meant for serious users who have to be in the field or outside environments for long duration. Typical examples are Defense, Police, construction populace etc. For enterprise business people, who face the heat and are on consistent move, this is a must have device.
For more information or purchase please visit Panasonic.