During the International CES from 6th to 9th January 2011 which was held in Las Vegas, Panasonic revealed its smart and fresh technology with a prototype of the VEIRA tablet.
Said Osamu Waki, President of Panasonic Mobile Communications:
A new generation is started with this launch. VIERA tablet is signified, as the first member of a family where variety of cloud based services is available.
“…with the rapid shift to Android, we want to catch up quickly”.
Promising Features of Panasonic VIERA at a glance:
- IPTV service: this feature allows user a connection between the VIERA tablet and VIERA TV and also content can be shared between them.
- It can also be used for controlling TV, Home Theater, etc
- It can be used as Universal Remote Control.
- View from different angles can be possible.
- Wi-Fi wireless Internet access is possible.
- Social networking is possible while watching TV.
- Variety of cloud services like e-commerce, e-book and video streaming etc present in it.
In the last few months there were some other big launches like Apple’s IPOD, Dell’s laptops, Toshiba’s laptop etc, but the fresh new features of Panasonic’s Tablet helps it for capturing the attention of the mass. This tablet is developed on Android 2.2 Froyo.
VIERA tablet has a small touch-screen LCD display. This tablet is available in different models and different screen size starting from 4 to 10 inches. VIERA tablet provides a good optimum graphical user interface (GUI) with an operability and visibility, which is suitable for different services.
VIERA tablet also has got some good reviews from many of the gadget geeks like Engadget.com, Electronista.com, LetsGoDigital etc.
Check this awesome gadget in action with its cloud capability:
Seeing the crowd of competitors, Panasonic will have to further carry on its research on its cloud services. Panasonic nevertheless deserves a thumbs up for bringing this new idea!