Pantech has always been focused on producing quality messaging devices for AT&T and the all new Pantech Laser may prove to be decisive in this venture. The Pantech Laser P9050 is a super-slim touchscreen phone with a slide-out QWERTY keypad. It is currently being dubbed as the slimmest touchscreen phone with a full QWERTY keypad and available through AT&T.
- Exceptionally slim design with a slide-out keypad
- Full QWERTY keyboard with isolated keys for fast messaging
- Sporty looks
- The liquid detection indicator sticker has direct contact with the environment through speaker holes
- Does not have a Wi-Fi connectivity option
- The normal phone features are hidden by the user interface
- Dimensions: 4.45″ (H) x 2.25″ (W) x 0.39″ (D)
- Weight: 4.06 oz. (with battery)
- Display Type & Dimension: 3.1″ 262K AMOLED
- Colour: 16 bit
- Keys: Fully loaded QWERTY keyboard
- Other Features: Predictive Text and Backlit Keys
- Operating Frequency: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Quad-band with 850/900/1800/1900MHz and UMTS/HSDPA Dual-Band with 850/1900MHz
- Bluetooth v2.0
- Camera: 3MP camera with 8x zoom
- Video: MPEG4 video with a maximum frame-rate of 15 fps
- Supported Formats: MP3, MIDI, QCP, M4A, iMelody, WAV, AAC, 3GP
- Standard Lithium-Ion with 5 hours talk-time
- Web Browser
- Call Waiting,
Pantech has always tried to incorporate unique and interesting designs. But the beautiful design of Pantech Laser takes the competition in lucrative messaging category to a whole new level. From a quick look, you may think that it somewhat resembles the design of Pantech Duo. But Pantech Laser is much slimmer (0.39”) than any other touchscreen phone with a QWERTY keypad. The handset is made of plastic but has a classy look.
The Laser’s footprint is rectangular in shape with flat sides, somewhat rounded along the top and bottom sides, and with rounded corners and edges. The backside of the phone has a slightly metallic matte blue cover. The camera is located in top left corner, carved inside an oval-shaped silver bezel.
Pantech Laser comes with a gorgeous 3.1” 262K AMOLED touchscreen. The touchscreen is a bit resistive and isn’t up to the challenges of the capacitive touchscreen phones. The Pantech Laser touchscreen sports a 16 bit color display with 480X800 resolution.
Pantech Laser has a full QWERTY keypad with the keys arranged in four different rows. The keys are isolated and back-lit. It has features like Dual Mode User Interface and Predictive Text which give it a distinctive edge. But the keys are made of soft plastic and so one would have to press them a little harder.
The Pantech Laser features a 3 MP camera in its backside. The camera has a resolution of 2048X1536 pixels with an 8x zoom. The camera can also record videos in MPEG4 format with a decent frame-rate of 15 fps. The phone doesn’t have an in-built flash.
AT&T is offering Pantech Laser at $79.99.
Checkout the cool gadget’s video demo here.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android