Online Shopping has become a common trend, now a days, people mostly use online transaction. The generation is changing so does the crime rate. with the online related activities, there is an increase in online fraud, related to online shopping. Here are some tips, which you must take into consideration while doing online shopping.
Update your Web Browser version
Always update your web browser to the latest version available. This enables you, to keep secure from all kinds of vulnerable activities happens online.
Prevention against Cross-site scripting
Cross-site scripting attacks or XSS attacks allows malicious codes to be injected into the web pages, leading to misuse of the web page content and also blockage of that page in future too. The worst thing about XSS attack is that everything looks simple in it but, your website data’s gets stolen.
Fake Web Address/Phishing Attacks
In this modern world of web, being away from the vulnerable activities is the most important thing. Internet Explorer 9 highlights the name of the website in black, stating that its a blacklisted website and should not be used.
Internet Explorer 9 is one of the most secure browser, to use for online transaction. It allows you, to surf the web, without the browser storing data about your cache, cookie and sessions.
Encrypted Payment website
Almost all website that are making the use of payment through online uses, a secure mode of encryption. The encryption can ranges from 32 bit to 124 bit. The URL web address will include HTTPS, if you working on secure encryption. This will allow you to be safe from all kinds of hacking activities.
A few more tips:
- Do not accept offers which are too good to be true.
- Do not click on links in emails. Visit the site directly by typing.
- Be very careful and very sure that the site you are giving you your card details is trustworthy.
- Use secure sites offering https login.
- Beware of cybersquatting – many cyber thieves create websites looking like the genuine websites – so you have to be careful there.
- Avoid Debit Card usage. Credit Cards are prefered as they offer more protection and less liability.
- Ensure that your computer has the latest updates and that you are running a good updated security software on it.
- Use a secure Internet connection. Home networks are the best bet.
- Last word – If you have doubts about anything, the rule to follow is – Don’t do it.
Stay safe! :)
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android