iTunes is a popular media player program, widely used to organize and play digital music and video files on your devices. Though iTunes is a very endearing application, it does not possess any direct or easy way to modify its audio encoding format into some other mutable or desirable format. This difficulty has been now been resolved with the availabilities of Quick Convert program.
iTunes include encoders such as AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV and Lossless that helps to organize your track listings. Quick Convert which is an Apple Script based application program for Mac incorporates itself into iTunes as a script and rapidly converts all or selected tracks into preferable formats by using any of the above mentioned iTunes support encoders.
Installing Quick Convert program is quite simple and straightforward. Just follow these easy steps to convert the tracks in iTunes playlist into the desired format.
- Close down iTunes application if it is working in the background.
- Navigate the mouse pointer to ‘Scripts’ window, look for the user’s name and click on it.
- Choose ‘Library’ from the available options and head over to ‘iTunes’ folder. Create a folder by the name ‘Scripts’ and copy Quick Convert package content to the ‘Scripts’ folder.
- Exclude the disk image of Quick Convert and set up iTunes.
- A pocket-sized icon just adjacent to ‘Window’ menu on system menu bar will be visible now.
- Click on this small icon to open up Quick Convert conversion table.
- Select the tracks you want to be converted and choose the preferred encoder to convert the track.
- Delete the original track after the conversion task has been completed successfully. This will help to avoid production in duplicates.
- Send the new track to playlist by enabling ‘Copy new tracks to playlist’ option, inserting the playlist name and clicking on ‘OK’.
The latest version of Quick Convert unifies all the options under a single window and displays progress during the track processing.