Twitter, the online social networking giant has over 100 million active users that collectively produce more than 250 million tweets per day, making it an indispensable tool for communication.
Be it latest buzz from the technology world or an update from a friend, the micro blogging service enables its users to react and broadcast their messages effectively via text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length, better known as ‘Tweets’.
Lately, the 5-year-old Twitter announced a redesign for its micro-blogging service and new features to help widen its appeal. Basically, it’s an attempt to become an online-advertising powerhouse to propel site’s growth.
Some of the changes that will be noticeable,
Home, presently known as Timeline, will flip around: Navigation will be on the left side, while tweets from the user and others whom the user follows will be on the right. A profile page with a larger header image for the user’s logo, tagline and other visuals will be visible along with a section by the name ‘Stories’ that will display to its users stories and trends based on earlier activity.
The newly redesigned site will also devote the option to embed photos and videos in tweets and offer a consistent look and feel.
Though the redesign is scheduled to roll out globally over the next few weeks; it is immediately available for iPhone and Android users.
What’s new in Redesigned Twitter for Android and iPhone users?
The new interface unifies the experience across the Web, iOS Twitter app and Android Twitter app. People who want to try it can download the mobile versions or sign up at fly.twitter.com.
Twitter’s tab menu has been the main focus of the redesign, and all the available options have been rebrand and expanded. This includes,
- A connect tab– A place to watch who is following you and re-tweeting your tweets thereby, keeping the conversation flowing
- Home tab– A personal collection from the source you care about. The tab will also display incoming tweets and embedded images.
- Discover– This tab allows finding friends, browsing interests, and explores hash tags (rebrand but with more personalization). You can also tap into the stories and trends people are talking about in your world.
- Me– The tab will put you and your interest front and center. From here you can exchange a direct message with your followers.
Be the first to download to download the latest version of Twitter for iPhone or Twitter for Android and get access to the redesigned Twitter.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android