Whether you buy free or paid apps from the Apple’s App Store you first have to set up an Apple Account. The account, at times, requires you to provide credit card information, in case you want to buy any paid apps. However, some apps are really expensive and therefore it’s a good idea to remove credit card information from Apple ID or bill payment information. This is especially useful if you do not want the purchases to end up on your credit card.
Also, if there is an unfortunate event (losing your credit card or the validity of the credit card has expired) changing/updating your account information becomes essential. So, let us in this post learn how to remove credit card information from an Apple ID.
How to remove credit card information from Apple ID?
- To remove the credit card information, go to ‘Settings’, choose ‘App Store’ under it and tap on your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on ‘View Apple ID’ option.
- Instantly, a box will show up on your iPad letting you access payment information.
- It will load another box with the list of credit cards supported.
- If you want to remove your payment method or change to a different payment method, scroll to the bottom of the Payment Details screen and tap Change Payment Method.
- Then simply select the ‘NONE’ option and click on ‘Done’ to save the final changes.
As a safety measure, log in again to confirm if there was any credit card information remaining in the account. To my relief, I found none! You can also remove credit card information from apple id using iTunes too, in a similar way, without any hassle. A debit card can also be removed the same way.
Hope you find these steps as simple as I have highlighted here and accomplish your goal. If there are any doubts, let us know them in the comments section below.