Samsung has launched its new dual-OS hybrid tablet and laptop Ativ Q with 13.3 inches 3200 x 1800 p display that runs both Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and full Windows 8 out of the box. It comes just two weeks after Asus announced its own similar convertible dual booting hybrid. Ativ Q is capable of working in Tablet mode, a Laptop mode, stand mode and in floating mode.
Ativ Q is also the world’s first convertible hybrid to be powered by revolutionary Intel’s latest Core i5 Haswell processor which boasts of intense graphics performance and stamina battery life. Ativ Q is just 13.9 mm thick and weighs only 1.29 kg and comes in Ash Black color. According to Samsung, it can work up to 9 hours on a single charge, which is an extraordinary feat given its high resolution display. All thanks to Haswell!
Here is a complete list of specifications:
- 13.3 inch 3200 x 1800 p display with respectable 275 PPI pixel density for a hybrid
- Intel Core i5 Haswell processor with Intel HD Graphics 4400
- 4 GB DDR3L RAM and 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 720p HD Camera
- 1xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, HDMI jack, RJ45 (Dongle), HP/Mic combo jack, Micro SD
- Windows 8, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
Samsung Ativ Q also packs S-Pen which allows the users to create handwritten notes and other content on the tablet. The hybrid also allows us to pin an Android app on to the Windows 8 start screen, providing integration and compatibility between the two OSes. The keyboard does not have a touchpad but only left and right mouse keys with a trackpad in the center of the keyboard.
Samsung explained the working of the four modes in a press release:
The ATIV Q sports an innovative hinge design that allows the user to transform the tablet into 4 functional modes. Lay the display flat over the keyboard for tablet mode. Raise the display upright to type just like a laptop. Float and adjust the display to a comfortable viewing angle or flip the display to place in the stand mode to watch movies with ease.
Even though both the OS is individual in their working, they provide seamless file and data transitions including sharing folders and files to and fro between Windows and Android thus unlocking the true power of dual OS on a single machine. Samsung has also incorporated Smart Sync functionality into the Ativ Q which allows users to control their Smartphones using their PC such as texting via the PC Keyboard. There is no word on availability or pricing as yet.
Stay tuned for more related information and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more news related to phones, gadgets and tablets.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android