Kids are using technology more than ever, and a special kids edition tablet does makes sense. Samsung has realized this fact and has launched a special edition Android tablet targeted at children. It is aimed at providing a fun way of learning for kids. It comes armed with special applications and features designed specifically for children and also allow the parental controls to adults at the same time.
JK Shin, CEO and Head of IT and Mobile Communications at Samsung said:
We saw an opportunity to create a device just for kids that provides them with an intuitive, fun and kid-friendly user experience filled with rich, interactive and educational content that parents will love.
Here is a list of specifications:
- 7 inch 1024×600 pixel resolution display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 3 MP rear camera, 1.3 MP front camera
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of internal storage with Micro SD card expansion up to 32 GB
- 4000 mAh battery
- 9.9 mm thick and 300 gram weight
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
The tablet does not have a SIM card slot and is a Wi-Fi only tablet. It comes pre-loaded with Kids apps which are oriented around education, games, entertainment and e-books and Kids store that allows you to download additional educations and learning content.
Galaxy Tab 3 Kids also has parental controls that allow parents to control which apps their children can access via the Application Manager. Time Management feature allows parents to set specific time periods for usage and once it is utilized a password protected lock screen appears that requires the parents to unlock the device.
The tablet will be available in Korea this September and is expected to come to China, Europe, US, Africa, South America and South East Asia in late September or early October. It is expected to be a budget-friendly tablet but the exact price is not yet revealed by Samsung.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android