Blackberry servers are down. You can call this ironic when Microsoft is all set to officially launch its new mobile OS platform, Windows Phone 7 in India within two day time. The launch event which is scheduled to be held in New Delhi on 12th October 2011 will see quite a many Windows Phone devices being launched. And among them is India’s first Windows Phone 7 device, Samsung Omnia W I8350, also known as Samsung Omnia W. Though many actually own a Samsung Omnia W but this event will hopefully see its official launch in India. Let’s dig a bit deeper and get to know this admirable phone from a closer look.
Operating on the Windows Phone 7.5 ‘Mango’ platform, the Samsung Omnia W has got a superb processing speed of 1.4GHz with 512MB of RAM storage. Speaking of its display, this device has got an adorable 3.7 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 480×800 pixels, including 16 million colors. Samsung Omnia W also includes an accelerometer sensor for UI Auto Rotate, a Gyro Sensor, and a proximity sensor for auto turn off.
For those wondering if video calling is supported or not, here comes the good news; YES. The handset features two cameras – rear and front; the rear camera is a 5 mega pixel camera with LED flash and auto-focus while the front camera is a VGA one for the purpose of video calling, while also supporting impressive features like Geo Tagging and Image Stabilization all the while.
With a huge 8 GB as it’s internal space and ability to expand it to 32GB, the Samsung Omnia W has got dimensions of 115.6 x 58.8 x 10.9 mm and weighs only 115.3 gms, thus enabling it to fight for being one of the sleekiest phone out there. It has also got a fairly sound battery backup plan with a Li-ion 15 mAh battery.
Specifications of Samsung Omnia W
- 3.7 inch (800 x 480 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display
- 10.9mm thick and weighs 115.3g
- Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
- 1.4 GHz Processor
- 5 MP Auto focus camera with LED Flash and a VGA video calling camera
- 3.5mm audio Jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v 2.1, aGPS / Bing Map, and USB 2.0
- 512MB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory that is expandable up to 32GB with MicroSD
- 1500 mAh Li-on battery
The Samsung Omnia W is expected to be launched in India on the 12th of October 2011, at the official launch event of Windows Phone 7.
It is supposed to have a price tag of INR 20,000. If it excites you, the go ahead and visit it’s Mobile press page.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android