Winds are turning as Samsung fetching the baton from Apple in Global smartphone sales in Q3 in 2011, according to a report by Strategy Analytics. Apple took the lead first time in Quarter 2, with an 18.5 percent share that is now dropped to 14.6 percent. Samsung showed an improvement with market share raked up to 23.8 in Q3 from 17.5 percent in Q2.
The two companies, who partner on various components for iOS devices, have been pulling each others hairs over smartphone design patents in courts for a while now. Worldwide sales battle with countrywide sales disputes make things more interesting.
Nokia which grabbed 15.2 percent market share in Q2 has dropped slightly to 14.4 percent. Largely, smartphones deliveries have grown 44 percent signifying quite an increase as compared to feature phones, reaching a record of 117 million units shipped in Q3. Of that mass, Samsung shipped 27.8 million units while Apple shipped 17.1 million units.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android