Microsoft sometime ago promised to release SkyDrive cloud storage service for Android users. The first evidence of it comes in the form of download available at Google Play Store.
In an effort to expand the reach of its service (SkyDrive), Microsoft yesterday announced the availability of the official SkyDrive app for Android phones.
Those, unknown to SkyDrive, it is a service that stores files, photos, videos, Office documents, etc on cloud and allows sharing them easily whenever needed. The same service with many new improved features has now been extended to Android mobile users. So now, Android users can easily access such files while on the go.
The SkyDrive app development team wanted to make sure that the app for Android has the same intuitive design and the same feel. Therefore, most of the changes in design correspond to the look of Microsoft’s Windows 8 UI. Apart from this, all the features have been virtually kept the same and have the same functionality. Given below is a more detailed list of some of the main features of SkyDrive for Android:
SkyDrive for Android Features
- Access your SkyDrive – Get access to documents, photos, and other files, that you store and that other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos and upload them from your phone directly.
- Share your files and photos – Send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files – Delete or create new folders.
The service works best with the latest version of Android, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and functions equally well on Android 2.3 or higher versions. It gives its consumers 7GB of space via Microsoft’s data centers at no charge. However, users can get additional storage of 20GB for 10$, 50 GB for $ 25 and 100 GB for $50 (1 year subscription).
So, what you waiting for? Get the new SkyDrive app for Android with good storage features and new client implementations, alongside.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android