Sony’s ‘My Xperia’ remote security service which was released as a pilot project in the Nordic countries is ready to be released and rolled out globally after a successful beta of five months. Sony Xperia Smartphone users worldwide will be eligible for this service. Sony says the service will make the process after losing your phone less worrisome.
Sony said in an official blog post:
My Xperia is Sony’s remote security app that’ll locate and protect your Xperia Smartphone (& personal data) should it ever be misplaced. We recognized that your Smartphone is equally important as your wallet or keys (some might argue *more*), but also just as easily lost…
The complete feature set which is accessible remotely is as follows:
- Sound an alert to get someone’s attention –it’ll also override silent mode and wake the display
- Map location via myxperia.sonymobile.com
- Lock the phone to keep info private, and ping a message with contact details or…
- Erase both internal and external SD card info / data if required
The process to the get the My Xperia service is very simple. The users will receive a notification on their Xperia device when the service will be available for them. The users can then download Over The Air (OTA) via wireless data or can also install manually via the Update Center. Finally, they can activate the service from Settings -> Xperia -> My Xperia on the device and use their Google ID to sign in to myxperia.sonymobile.com to access the interface.
The roll-out will happen according to regions and hence will take some time to reach everyone. The app is helpful as it outlines the importance of these nifty and expensive Smartphones we carry with us and might possibly lose or fall prey to theft. Do install the same on your Xperia device just to be on the safe side.
Stay tuned to our blog and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more news updates related to gadgets, tablets and phones.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android