Google IO Developers Conference has been recently held in Moscone Center, San Fransisco on 10th and 11th May 2011. Google made many new announcements related to its new strategies and product development in the conference. As Android comes in most favorite and successful products list, Google made several announcements related to it.
I have complied a list of all the Android related announcements, read them here:
Android Updates for Users
- Music Beta by Google Android – Upload your personal music collection and access it instantly on any web browser or compatible Android device without the hassle of wires or syncing. Currently by invitation only.
- Movie rentals on Android Market Android – Choose from thousands of movie titles and watch instantly on the web or your Verizon Motorola Xoom (support for more devices, including phones, coming soon).
- Ice Cream Sandwich preview – Next major release of Android: Ice Cream Sandwich. One OS everywhere, state of the art UI, advanced app framework, open source.
- Update to Honeycomb Android – Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) will be rolling out to XOOM 3G devices over the next few weeks.
- Over 100M Android devices activated worldwide with 400K activations added every day. There are now 310 Android devices from 36 OEMs on 215 carriers in 112 countries.
Android updates for Developers
- New Eclipse tools for Android Launched App Engine Tooling for Android which gives Android developers new tools to easily build cloud-aware applications.
- Google Plugin for Eclipse v2.4: Android Meet App Engine, App Engine Meet Android: Build native Android apps that can take data with them wherever they go, using Google’s cloud service, App Engine, to host your back-end service and store your data.
- Music and movies in Android Market, Android @ Home, Android Open Accessory and more!
- Project Tungsten – Hardware reference design that runs the Android OS and the Android@Home software framework.
- Android @ Home – Open source libraries that will enable developers to build apps that can discover, connect and communicate with devices and appliances in the home.
- Android Open Accessory: Standardizing hardware development across Android devices Android – Platform-level support for hardware accessory communication with Android devices – including integration with Android Market, a new USB accessory API and an open-source Accessory Development Kit (ADK).
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android