Just after the announcement of iOS 5 at WWDC, it got jailbreaked. Yes, this time too hackers won. Recently we showed off, the jailbreaked iOS 5 and now MuscleNerd from iPhone-dev Team has successfully jailbreaked iOS 5. Since it is still in beat mode is not available to download for users other than developers, so in order to use iOS 5 you should have developers account.
Redsn0w introduced the jailbreak tool for iOS 5 Beta which even allows you to put unsanctioned applications on the device. Currently Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 is only available on Mac platform; the Windows be released later. That’s the reason why Windows users are unhappy!
Currently iOS 5 supports iPod Touch 3rd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1 and iPad 2 and similarly Redsn0w also supports them.
Another important thing to know is, this jailbreak is tethered. That means once you jailbreak iOS 5 you cannot restart the device, if it happens you’ll lose your jailbreak.
If you are an iPhone user and if you are unlocked user it’s better you don’t try this upgrade. Upgrading to iOS 5 may upgrade your baseband too and will break your unlock. However there’s a way to unlock your iPhone 4 using Gevey SIM but still it’s not legal!
Jailbreaking device using Redsn0w is simple as usual. Just follow these steps,
- Download your device ispw from Apple, Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 from here and place them in one folder.
- Connect your device to iTunes, then press SHIFT + Restore button and select your downloaded ispw. It will restore your device on iOS 5.
- Once you are restored, keep your device connected and open Redsn0w 0.9.8b1.
- Browse your downloaded ispw and let Redsn0w verify your download ispw.
- Once it is done, click Next and choose Install Cydia.
- Redsn0w will ask you to put your device into DFU mode, follow the steps asked by Redsn0w and put the device into DFU.
- That’s all, when it’s done Redsn0w will load the required files. Wait for the process till it is completed, and your device is jailbroken.
- Reconnect your device to Redsn0w and follow step 4. After it is done select “Just boot tethered right now” and you are done.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android