We use Smartphones to complete several of our daily tasks, and most of them require an internet connection. Slow internet connection can be annoying especially when trying to achieve some critical work. If you want to improve the internet speed on your smartphone, then this article will help you.
Tips to make internet faster on Smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Restrict Background App Data Usage
- Uninstall/Disable Unused Applications
- Reset Network Settings
- Remove Cached Files from Browser
The tricks listed below are only beneficial if you are experiencing internet speed issues despite having a relatively faster internet connection. If your internet connection is slow, then you need to either upgrade the internet service plan or find an alternative.
Ookla Speedtest is the best way to check the speed of your internet connection. Visit www.speedtest.net or download its app to monitor your network speed.
1] Restrict Background App Data Usage
When multiple applications are running simultaneously on your device, they may continue consuming data even if they are running in the background. Stopping these background apps will prevent them from using the internet. It will also give some room for running apps to get more bandwidth. However, apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. need to work in the background to get new messages. So decide wisely.
How to restrict background data on Android
- On your phone, go to Settings > Network and Internet > Data Usage > App Data usage.
- Tap on the app which consumes a lot of data or the one you are ready to block.
- It will reveal how much background data it is consuming.
- Toggle off the Background Data option
- If a confirmation message pops up, click on OK.
How to restrict background data on iOS
- Launch the Settings app and click on General
- Now click on the Background App Refresh option and slide the switch next to the Background App Refresh option to OFF.
- To turn off individual background data access, go back to the setting, and look at the list of app. Turn the ones you want to block.
2] Uninstall Unused Applications
Most of the mobile applications use the internet to function one way or the other. If your device has too many apps and all of them access the web, then you will experience slower internet speeds. Uninstalling unused applications can help improve internet speed on Android and iOS.
How to uninstall or disable apps on Android
- Press and hold on the app icon that you wish to delete.
- After you hold for a couple of seconds, an “Uninstall” option will appear at the top of the display.
- Without leaving the hold of the icon, drag the app icon to the “Uninstall” option and release.
- Confirm your selection to uninstall the application.
How to uninstall or disable apps on iOS
- Press and hold on the icon of the app you wish to delete until the app icon starts to jiggle.
- You will now see an “x” mark at the top left corner of the app icon.
- Press the “x” mark and confirm your selection to uninstall the app.
3] Reset Network Settings
If your device is connected to the internet through WiFi, then reboot the modem to reset the internet connection. Devices using mobile data, reset the APN on your device to reset the internet network.
How to reset APN on Android
- Launch “Settings”.
- Click on “Wireless & Networks”.
- Tap on “Mobile Networks”.
- Now select the “Access Point Names” option.
- Tap on the menu icon and then click on the option that says “Reset to defaults”.
How to reset APN on iOS
- Launch the Settings app.
- Click on “Cellular”.
- Now, select the “Cellular Data Option/Cellular Data Network” option.
- Scroll down, find the “Reset Settings” option and click on the same.
Remove Cached Files from Browser
Cache files of websites are downloaded and stored onto a web browser to help access the site faster in the future. But when too many cache files, it can slow down the web browser application.
Clearing the cache of your mobile web browser should help improve the internet speed and browsing experience. Check out our detailed guide on how to remove search history on Android from apps and browsers.
Also, make sure to delete unnecessary files from your phone regularly. You will always need space on your phone no matter which app you use.
Hope the above article on how to make internet faster on your Smartphone and tablet was helpful. Need any more help? Leave a comment below, and we will help you.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android