Screen recording software records the on-screen activities that are performed by a user and generates the output as a video file. With this software, the user can also merge any audio file or users own voice to the output video. Here is a list of top five screen recording software. I have personally tested each of them to find the experience.
Top 5 Screen Recording Software for Windows
CamStudio Screen Recorder
The biggest plus of this software is that the user won’t be disturbed by advertisements. It is designed primarily to create industry-standard recorded video output files. You can record all your screen activities along with sound or your voice. The output is generated in a high-quality AVI video file which you can be used for visual-demonstrations, presentations, or your video blog.
Some of the key operations which can be done using CamStudio Screen Recorder are:
- Create demonstration videos for any software program.
- Record a recurring problem with their computer so that they can show technical support for people.
- Create video-based information on products that are being sold in the market.
- Record new tricks and techniques that they discover on any software program and disclose it to the entire world.
Expression Encoder Pro
Expression Encoder is a professional encoding tool. It offers enhancement, encoding, and publishing of rich video experiences with Microsoft Silverlight. It was the first encoder of its kind which fully supports ‘Smooth Streaming’. Expression Encoder will support input of AVI, WMV, WMA, MOV (QuickTime if installed), MPEG and additional formats with suitable (DirectShow) decompressors installed. Output formats are VC-1 and H.264. It has been designed mainly for those belonging to content production work as it lets you capture video, audio or video + audio.
Mind blowing features of Expression Encoder Pro are:
- Live Screen Capture
- Smooth streaming (720p+ video using HTTP) with the optimized client (Silverlight) and server (IIS with smooth streaming)
- Live and On-Demand Smooth Streaming with IIS
- GPU Encoding
- Windows Media 11 SDK and VC-1 SDK integration, native MPEG-2 decoder
- Silverlight Template Support
- Previewing and comparing encoding settings in real time
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
It is a powerful and intelligent screen recorder to record anything you see, do or hear on your screen and save it to a video file or Flash movie. Packed with a number of features including codec and video quality options, auto-stop, scheduled recording, and a video editor. You can deliver high-quality video files. The striking feature of this software is that it is very easy to use. This software is available as both paid and free versions to the users and they can choose as per their needs.
The main key features that you can find in AutoScreenRecorder Pro are as follows:
- Full-Screen space for user work
- Active Window
- Mouse pointer with click effects
- Output as an AVI video file that can be played even in basic media players.
- Sound and voice
Freez Screen Recorder
Freez Screen Video Capture is a free screen-capture & screen-recording tool to record screen activities and sounds into standard AVI video files. You can record any part of the screen’s activities and the cursor’s movements. Using a microphone you also narrate your screen recordings. This software is very useful for people who want to create a tutorial for a program, a training video, animated presentations and so on. You will be able to stop or pause the recording by pressing some defined hotkeys. Before you start recording, you will be able to set some advanced parameters, such as frame rate, quality, etc. The program has got an extremely easy interface that will guide you on how to use it
Key features of this recorder are:
- User defined hot keys for recording, starting and pausing…
- The output file is in standard AVI format.
- Record Screen in any screen color depth.
- Supports sound recording from microphone, videotape, Internet, etc.
- By setting the frame rate, video quality can be enhanced easily.
- Set the sound recording format and compressed audio format.
- Can record Actual Cursor on the screen.
- This software has a user-friendly interface thereby making it easier to use.
- The user can try the software for free and register later if needed.
Super Screen Capture
Super Screen Capture is all-in-one software for free screen recorder software. It provides multiple options for making copies of onscreen images but outdoes itself with its added abilities. You can capture screen in many ways, including full screen capture, region capture, window capture, scroll capture, DirectX capture, video screen capture, audio capture and etc.
You can choose many kinds of output ways, including clipboard, printer, email, editor tool, temp folder, and all popular formats. It has an easy-to-use and intuitive interface. It will especially suit making demos, tutorials, and training videos.
Key features of this recorder are:
- More than 10 Ways to Capture: Support full-screen capture, sharp capture, windows capture, DirectX capture, video screen capture, sound record and etc.
- Easy-to-Use and Intuitive Interface: You can arrange, resize and custom any intuitive interface.
- Powerful Image Editing Tools: It has an advanced image editing utility.
- More Than 8 Ways to Output: You can save the image to file, clipboard, printer, email, editor, temp folder, image Editing tool.
- Setup Custom Hotkeys for Anyway.: You can assign hotkeys to different functions.
- Support all popular Internet formats: BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG and etc.
- Unique Screen Capture Software: Different from other screen capture software, easily and quickly.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android