Toshiba’s Satellite L775D- S7206 is a new 17-inch Notebook model, which gives the first look of the AMD A6-3400M Processor out of many other Laptops. Satellite L775D- S7206 is a new explore of AMD’s Llano APU, which is the second fastest 35W mobile Llano chip available in market. The A6-3400M equipped with four slightly- modified “Stars” cores with L2 cache per core. These cores are clocked at a low 1.4 GHz, and while AMD has instituted a turbo feature to speed them up to as high as 2.3GHz depending on the workload applied to the chip. The CPU half is as powerful as Intel’s Sandy Bridge.
AMD Llano has a modified Redwood core (Radeon HD 5670) with 400 stream Processors in the VLIW5 configuration, 20 texture units, and 8 ROPs. Well I think Llano does not make much sense on the Desktop, but in Laptops it basically serves an entire different market from Intel. Well Toshiba uses A60M and thus it misses USB3.0 but the inclusion of Blu-ray is some consolation but not really enough. Best thing in this notebook is that it has its own hard drives for a slightly better Hitachi drive.
While the aluminum finish is fantastic. Toshiba even manages to put glossy plastic. Keyboard is still comprised of the same flat which is the not that fine. The touchpad is much easier to use and its easy and smooth to track. Even though the touchpad is easier to use it should be much larger in size and the button should be small, it works well regardless. The biggest gripe is that Toshiba is still futzing with flat glossy keys and bulbous shell designs for the consumer notebooks.
The “Stars” core at the foundation of the Llano APU was mostly a competitive with mainstream Intel CPU’s. Llano continues to put in a reasonably strong showing at medium settings. AMD has inserted just a little too much GPU into these chips, more than the CPU halves can handle. NVIDIA’s dedicated GeForce GT 540M struggles with it and the results are awesome. Llano brings integrated graphics essentially on par with low-to-mid-end dedicated graphics hardware, and that’s an achievement to the Toshiba.
The A6-3400M unfortunately still has trouble keeping up with Sandy Bridge and Optimus, but it’s a massive improvement on AMD’s last generation. The A6-3400M unfortunately still has trouble keeping up with Sandy Bridge and Optimus, but it’s a massive improvement on AMD’s last generation. The “THRM” temperature at the top is actually the overall CPU temperature, and it runs as cool as or cooler than Arrandale or Sandy Bridge run in most of the notebooks. Viewing angles don’t fare much better. Llano is a bit different and it doesn’t belong on the desktop, where the Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7206 comes in is simple.
Toshiba’s Satellite L775D- S7206 Specifications:
- AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M processor 2.30GHz, 4MB Cache
- 6GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB), Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
- 640GB SATA hard drive, Store 426,000 photos, 182,000 songs or 336 hours of HD video and more
- Blu-ray Disc Player and SuperMulti DVD Burner with Labelflash
- Watch HD movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
- 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
- 17.3″ TruBrite TFT display
- AMD Radeon HD 6520M Graphics
- Built-in webcam
- 8-in-1 memory card reader
- Bluetooth v3.0 EDR
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone output, 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x RGB port
- 6-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 5 hours battery life
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android