iPhone 4S and iPad 2 are two really great devices and you can do a lot by Jailbreaking them. So in this post, I will be letting you know how to Jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2. We have already seen how to jailbreak an iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad in the previous post. There I had also mentioned jailbreaking methods are applicable only for devices having an A4 chip.
In this post we will be experimenting the jailbreaking process for devices that have the new A5 chip. That’s right; in this post we will be learning to jailbreak the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Let me inform you that this post and its methods are applicable only for the devices having A5 chips. If you have any iDevice other than the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 then please follow the previous post for Jailbreaking it.
Now in order to have an untethered jailbreak on your device, you need to be on iOS 5.0.1. If you have already updated to iOS 5.1 then you will have to wait for some more time, since the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is not out yet. However, if you are on any iOS version lower than 5.0, then please do not update your device directly using the standard method of iTunes because you will be updated directly to iOS 5.1.
Instead what you should do is find an external source from where you can get the iOS 5.0.1 version IPSW file for your device and then update your device using that file. This way you will be able to update your device to iOS 5.0.1 and enjoy untethered jailbreak. Please note that if you are using an iPhone 4S then it is better that you stick to iOS 5.0, whereas if you are using an iPad 2 then you it is better that you switch to iOS 5.0.1.
So assuming that you are already on iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1, you now need to download a tool/software named ‘Absinthe’. The Windows version can be downloaded from here and the Mac version can be downloaded from here. Next you need a computer with iTunes installed in it. Once everything is in place, follow these steps:
1. Please be sure that you have backed up your device using iTunes just in case something goes wrong and you lose your important data.
2. Also make sure that the Passcode Security Lock has been removed. You need to do this only for the jailbreak process. Once you complete this process, you can turn on your Passcode Security.
3. Keep your iDevice switched on and connect it to the computer.
6. Absinthe will automatically detect your device and start the jailbreak process.
7. If you do everything correctly, your device should get jailbreaked. Once completed, your iDevice will restart due to the Untethered Jailbreak applied to it.
8. When your device gets restarted, you should be able to see CYDIA on your home screen. This will confirm that your device has been successfully jailbroken.
Finally, you are ready to try out different tweaks and tools that enhance the functionality and usability of your device. Be sure to check out the following tweaks and tools for sure:
3. GPower Pro
4. Brightness Switcher
If you are really interested to know what you can do with your iPhone and iPad once you jailbreak them, check out this post.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android