The latest version of Android 2.3.4 finally arrived to the Nexus One, and as usual, we offer a way to update manually for those who do not want to wait for the update over the air (OTA).
To update Nexus One does not provide new exciting features, but offers some reforms, including:
- Improvement in performance and battery life.
- Fix GPS problems encountered by some users after updating to 2.3.3.
Here is some of our usual observations to avoid any potential problems:
- This update works on Nexus One exclusively. Do not apply to any other device.
- Your existing Android version must be 2.3.3 (build number GRI40), if your version is older than this you need to update to 2.3.3 before doing this update.
- This update does not delete data on the device, but it is always better to take a backup of your important information in case of any emergency.
- This update only works on devices that are not modified (which are not rooted) .
Now here is how to Update Nexus One to Android 2.3.4
- Download the update file from here. After the download is finished, rename the file to update.zip.
- Copy the file to the SD memory card . Put the file on the main root of the memory and not inside any folder.
- Turn off your phone , and then press power button + the trackball at the same time.
- From the menu that appears select the Bootloader and then Recovery.
- Will show you a picture of exclamation mark inside a triangle, then press the power button + Volume UP button again until you see the list of Recovery.
- Choose the option: Apply sdcard update.zip.
- Will apply the update and will reboot when finished .
Congratulations you have now Android 2.3.4 on your Nexus One.
Update, and then tell us if you notice any differences.
How to Update Nexus S to Android 2.3.4 Version.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android