It happened so fast, when Google announced the Android version 2.3.4 which added support for video chat in GTalk, which is the long-awaited feature and announced to come first for Nexus one and Nexus S only as an update over the air (OTA). So, here is the tutorial on how to update your Nexus S to the latest Android version 2.3.4.
The official update files are available directly from Google servers faster than expected and you can now download and update your phone manually. We will now explain the easy way, but first please note the following observations:
- This update works on Nexus S exclusively. Do not apply to any other device. We will explain how to update Nexus One later.
- Your existing Android version must be 2.3.3 (build number GRI40), if your version is older than this you need to update to 2.3.3 before doing this update.
- This update does not delete data on the device, but it is always better to take a backup of your important information in case of any emergency.
- This update only works on devices that are not modified (which are not rooted) .
Now with the update method:
- Download the Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 update file. The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it as update.zip.
- Copy the file to the SD memory card. Put the file on the main root of the memory and not inside any folder.
- Turn off your phone, then press the power Button + Volume Up button (+), at the same time.
- From the menu that appears select the option Recovery.
- Will show you a picture of exclamation mark inside a triangle, then press the power button + Volume UP button again until you see the list of Recovery.
- Choose the option: Apply sdcard update.zip.
- Will apply the update and will reboot when finished.
Congratulations your Nexus S has now the latest Android 2.3.4. Enjoy Video chatting!
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android