Good news for Samsung Galaxy users, as the Android 4.0 upgrade promised by Samsung is officially available for Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note devices. With this upgrade, you can enhance your old Android 2.3 a.k.a Gingerbread based Samsung Galaxy devices with plethora of advanced features like face unlocking, better user interface, powerful voice input engine etc.. of the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system.
Thus, the upgrade would surely help you add more functionality and ease of accessibility to your device. The following steps would help you, with the entire process of up-gradation, making it less cumbersome and easy to follow.
Tools Required To Get Started
- USB cable, Computer with Active Internet connection
- Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note device.
(Note: Battery of the device should be fully charged.)
- Samsung Kies 2.0 Software
- Download the Samsung Kies 2.0 from this link
- Click on the Download button, according to the Operating System of your computer to start the download of Kies 2.0.
- Install it by following onscreen instruction, once the download is complete.
- Restart you computer once the software is completely installed.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy device to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- If it is properly connected you should be able to see the name our device on the top left corner of Kies 2.0 software installed on your computer.
- A pop-up window should appear on the computer showing the latest update available for your device. Proceed, only if you have backup your data from the Samsung Galaxy using Kies software.
- To, backup the data on your Samsung Galaxy device click on ‘Back up/Restore’ from the main menu of Kies 2.0 software. Then, select items which you would like to backup from the device and click on ‘Back up’ button to backup all your data. This process may take some time to complete.
- Once, you have backed up your data click on ‘Basic information’ followed by ‘Firmware upgrade’ button. And, then follow the on-screen instruction on your computer to get started with up-gradation process.
Note: Do not disconnect your device from the computer when the downloading process is on it way.
- Once, the downloading is complete the Samsung Galaxy will reboot automatically to the newer version Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.
The video below, also illustrate the upgrade process with easy to understand instruction.
Do post all your queries regarding the up-gradation process in the comment box below.
Courtesy: Samsung Official Homepage.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android