The Android operating system is very popular because of its heavy customization opportunities. So, many of the users tend to use third-party launcher apps to customize their Android experience and home settings. When it comes to using third party launcher applications, Nova launcher comes in the first list. Because it is the top most popular launcher app for Android. It has great customization options and more features. In this guide, I will share how you can use Sesame add-on with Nova launcher for advanced customizations.
How to use Sesame add-on with Nova launcher for advanced customization
Nova launcher has several unique features and support for many add-ons and other associated applications. That’s why it still stays as the best launcher application for Android devices globally. There is a new application–Sesame–in the play store which is trending now on several Android forums, which works as an add-on app to the Nova Launcher.
Sesame is best described as a universal search and shortcuts tool for Nova Launcher. In addition to Nova, this application works well with many other launcher applications but provides the best experience on Nova Launcher. This app enables the support for advanced shortcuts for older and newer devices through Nova Launcher. Sesame can provide new Android app shortcuts and search results for over 20 apps, including Contacts, Spotify, Netflix, and Tasker. It is capable of showing dynamic shortcuts for apps.
How to install and enable Sesame
Sesame can be installed on Android smartphones and tablets from the Google Play Store. Before installing Sesame in your device, make sure you have Nova Launcher installed in your device. We recommend you to purchase the premium version of the Nova Launcher named as Nova Prime. It offers many more features and more customization options.
- Download and install Sesame from Google Play Store.
- Open Sesame app by tapping on the home shortcut.
- Proceed through the on-screen instructions and click on the I Understand button.
- Now the app will show you a list of services to integrate. You can untick unwanted services from the list. Then click Next. Remember: You can make many more shortcuts from Sesame settings.
- Allow permissions for the app to access your contacts and settings.
- Enable notification access for Sesame and enable usage access for the app.
- Now you have successfully created the shortcuts. Click on Open Nova Launcher settings button.
- Nova Launcher will greet you with an option to change the Home button action for app search. Tap on the change button. Then tap on the first option named as Home Button, and choose Sesame from the list.
That’s it! You have successfully integrated Sesame settings to your device. You can now experience Sesame while searching for a specific app or anything in the search bar of Nova Launcher. Now you can also check it by double tapping on the home button.
How to add Sesame search widget in the homepage
You have successfully enabled Sesame advanced shortcuts in your device. But, Sesame has some more things to offer. You can add Sesame’s beautiful search widget on the home page. Follow the steps provided below:
- Tap and hold on the home screen; Nova Launcher options will appear.
- Tap on Widgets; it will open a list of available widgets.
- Scroll down and find Sesame widget.
- Drag and drop it to anywhere in the home page.
That’s all about how you can use Sesame add-on with Nova launcher, but It’s not the end; Sesame has many more features and settings that improve your overall Android user experience. You can customize shortcuts and actions for each app separately within the Sesame settings. Go, check them out.