Verizon today announces three Smartphones by Motorola in the US at a press event. The three new Smartphones called Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra and Droid Mini have been leaked extensively in the past few days. The new Motorola Droids pack new dual core X8 Mobile Computing chip with 8 cores that include 2 high end application processors, 4 graphic processors and 2 unique processors for contextual computing and natural language processing. It offers 24 % faster processing and double the graphic capabilities.
Here is a list of common specifications:
- 1.7 GHz dual core X8 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 10 MP rear camera with Full HD capture and 2 MP front camera
- 16 GB internal storage with Micro SD card expansion to 32 GB
- NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
All three Droids sports a KEVLAR fiber body. The three Droids differ in terms of only screen size, battery, build and design and pricing. All the devices will hit the stores in the US on August 20 with a 2-year contract. Motorola Droid Ultra is an “all about thin” flagship device and comes with a sleek 7.18mm chassis. It has a 5 inch Super Amoled display with 720p resolution and 294 PPI pixel density. It features a 2130 mAh battery and will cost $199 with two year contract. It will be available in black and red colors.
Motorola Droid Maxx will offer a huge battery and long-lasting Droid experience on a 5 inch HD Super Amoled display. It will pack a mammoth 3500 mAh battery and will be the most expensive among the three at $299 with two year contract. It will be 9% thinner than its predecessor RAZR Maxx HD and will offer a 48 hour stamina battery uptime. It will have wireless charging capabilities too.
Lastly, the Motorola Droid Mini will come with a 4.3 inch HD Super Amoled display with 342 PPI pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass. It runs on 2000 mAh battery and also comes with wireless charging capabilities. It will be the cheapest among all at $99 with two year contract. All the devices are available for pre-order now.
The new Droids come with Droid ZAP that allows you to share photos with anyone in the 300 feet radius with a two-finger swipe gesture. The new Droid Command Center homescreen widget offers access to notifications, weather updates and quick capture for taking photos with a double shake. They also offer new voice capabilities leaked for Moto X and Touchless control for hands free operation.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android