Earlier, there was no mobile recommendation app that could let you know which restaurant or bar your friends have just checked in and therefore you had no other option but to rely on views of strangers to find a place of your taste. However, things have slowly started changing with many new start-ups coming up.
Fondu, is one such purpose-built mobile social network designed specifically for writing bite-sized reviews about places to eat and drink and a community for sharing your opinions.
It is a modified yet simpler version of SpotOn which was developed on similar grounds however, ended up being more a social network rather than recommendation tool. Learning this, Gauri Manglik and her two cofounders, also the developers have come up with this new service, Fondu.
Users who log-in are able to follow friends from Twitter, Facebook or Foursquare. They can even follow other users on Fondu who place out reviews they like. You have the option to rate a place with up to four flower petals, something that was observed and brought over from SpotOn. In addition, there is a ‘Well loved’ tab for learning things that have received a lot of ‘Cheers’. Also, there is a News tab that alerts users whenever friends post a review or other people follow them.
Unlike Yelp that makes you write lengthy reviews and which goes directly to the public directory, Fondu allows you to leave a maximum of 175 characters review, going just to your friends. The application now has been launched worldwide after testing it with 100 beta users.
In short, Fondu is a community that allows its users to share opinions, get restaurant reviews into your own hands. It mixes some of Yelp’s structure with Foursquare’s tips and Twitter’s small messages, highly recommended application for all foodies.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android